Home

The Zone Defense

This is a discussion on The Zone Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
The Zone Defense

I understand that the zone defense was worked on for this game so that passing wouldn't be easy, but they made it extremely overpowering. The reaction time of these defenders is impossible and unrealistic. The thing that might be most annoying is that the CPU defense runs it 99.999% of the time I am passing. I have seen one man defensive play call on a pass play I have called in now 25+ games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Rookie

labballin24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Zone Defense

I actually have no problem throwing against the zone. I have much more trouble with the perfect press coverage and psychic DB's on man-to-man plays. It seems if your guy doesn't beat them immediately at the line to get WIDE open, there's a good chance the db is gonna make the cuts before your receiver.

I play on heisman and I find zone is easy when you get time. Which is saying alot because the CPU DT's in this game seem to get through with ease. I find the AI often leaving one guy wide open to go cover another, and in the middle of the field there are definitely holes in almost every zone play you run if you time it correctly. I know its not easy because the chances to get time enough to pick apart the zone on AA or Heisman is pretty unlikely in my opinion however when you get that time if you let your guys routes progress you should always find an open man in short to mid distance.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: The Zone Defense

An alternative you can do is create base Def playbooks for each scheme (3-4,4-3 etc...) as many of these Zone plays are rarely utilized at the College Level.

I believe this was done to give the Def Playbook some "beef" to it with all the Zone coverages they've included.
Many of these coverages are from the Pro side of Def schemes, which most schools just don't have the talent to run at the College level. (this includes the top schools)

Same thing with the Off playbook also.
Some playbooks have too many plays that take them away from the scheme that gives them their Off-idendity.

Additionaly, if you're not doing yourself, you WILL need to obtain a Re-rated Roster, as the Default has a bunch of Over-rated SPD/ACC/JMP/Zone CV/Play-Rec players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »