Home

So let me get this right (on hurry up offense)...

This is a discussion on So let me get this right (on hurry up offense)... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
So let me get this right (on hurry up offense)...

Rutgers, Nebraska, and GET THIS.... NAVY... are now all going to be running some version of the hurry up offense this year?

I have played a few first halves against the AI (a few others I have played as well but those three stuck out to me) and it seems like every team I have played is running some sort of hurry up unless they have to punt or have an incomplete pass.

How does this stuff get past QA??!?!?!?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: So let me get this right (on hurry up offense)...

Havent seen this. How long are your quarters?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Navy does do some no huddle out of the flexbone IRL. For instance they will arc motion one of the slot backs to see what the defense is going to do and freeze him, call a play and then reset. It is the equivalent of the spread freeze play.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlepalooza
Rutgers, Nebraska, and GET THIS.... NAVY... are now all going to be running some version of the hurry up offense this year?

I have played a few first halves against the AI (a few others I have played as well but those three stuck out to me) and it seems like every team I have played is running some sort of hurry up unless they have to punt or have an incomplete pass.

At what time during the game did this happen? Obviously, any team is going to run some no-huddle/hurry up offense during the two minute drill at the end of the first half and the end of the game (especially when out of time-outs or running low on time-outs). If it happened with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, maybe there's some concern. I think we need more info on when/how it happened to really have an opinion.
But... if it's real, you'll feel it.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Navy constantly runs a sort of no huddle, but they usually use up the play clock before snapping. They do it to not allow the other team to sub and then they fake guys in motion allowing coach to read defense and adjust.

As for Nebraska they are going to a no-huddle fast tempo offense this year. Much like Kansas ran when our OC was QB coach there with Reesing.

Not sure about Rutgers, but I guess you should say good job EA for getting this in, especially with Nebraska as they have never done it in a game before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Can this be adjusted under team management, or whatever the menu is named? It's the one where you can adjust offensive/defensive aggressiveness/formations/subs frequency, etc. for all teams.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlepalooza

Rutgers does in fact run some hurry up offense the past couple years.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Unfortunately for the forseeable future, NEB will in fact be playing that hurry up, hurry, hurry, look to the side line, ok, now we see how the defense is lined up, so lets call a play pansy style offense.

i HATE it.

QA (as you put it), must have gotten this one right afterall.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »