Home

Fatigue broken again?

This is a discussion on Fatigue broken again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fatigue broken again?

Hey all,

This seems to be a problem every year, but is anybody else noticing that fatigue and auto sub sliders appear to be broken yet again? I tweaked mine to try to get backups solid playing time every game, and it flat out isn't working. My starting RB will get like 8 carries, backup comes in for 1, starter is back in. My WRs come out a little more regularly, but my DL subs out very infrequently despite jacking up the "sub out" slider.

The reason I say it's broken, though, is because I just experienced the same thing I've experienced in previous years. In the 4th quarter, when the game is on the line, my starters just can't seem to stay out on the field. I just spent my entire final drive with my 2nd and 3rd string HB rotating carries. This happens in Madden, too, if I remember, and I remember it happening the past year or two.

Am I missing something here? I assume fatigue can be progressive throughout a game. For my running backs though, I have my sub out at 84 and sub in at 90. That's about the only way to EVER get the backup any carries (without doing formation subs), but it looks like, again this year, it will result in my starter disappearing late in games.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
Rookie

ddsmith3's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fatigue broken again?

I had similar issues last year but I haven't played enough this year to notice. In last years version, I had a much worse issue though. I would work through the first half just fine, my first string tailback would be there grinding out yards and setting up play action, then all of the sudden sometime in the second half he would be auto subbed out and I couldn't bring him back no matter what. This happened every game with every team no matter what I tried to do. The only thing that fixed it was to shut off fatigue entirely which I hate to do. Sometimes it would even happen in the first half and on a few occasions I even found myself stuck with a third string tailback by the end of the game. No one was injured. They just got auto-subbed out and could not be brought back in.

That was with the PS3 version of 2011. I bought the Xbox version of 2012 hoping it won't be an issue. I haven't had any problems so far but I've only played four games and all of them in Coach mode.

“I think for everything there is probably a right time, and its normally pretty difficult to define what that right time is. To me, this is the right time."

— Bill Snyder
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
Hey all,

This seems to be a problem every year, but is anybody else noticing that fatigue and auto sub sliders appear to be broken yet again? I tweaked mine to try to get backups solid playing time every game, and it flat out isn't working. My starting RB will get like 8 carries, backup comes in for 1, starter is back in. My WRs come out a little more regularly, but my DL subs out very infrequently despite jacking up the "sub out" slider.

The reason I say it's broken, though, is because I just experienced the same thing I've experienced in previous years. In the 4th quarter, when the game is on the line, my starters just can't seem to stay out on the field. I just spent my entire final drive with my 2nd and 3rd string HB rotating carries. This happens in Madden, too, if I remember, and I remember it happening the past year or two.

Am I missing something here? I assume fatigue can be progressive throughout a game. For my running backs though, I have my sub out at 84 and sub in at 90. That's about the only way to EVER get the backup any carries (without doing formation subs), but it looks like, again this year, it will result in my starter disappearing late in games.

Thoughts?
Have you tried adjusting the sub frequency for the coach?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
There isn't a problem, you just need to lower your auto subs. The game has progressive fatigue, so your player doesn't get all his fatigue back late in the game. If your auto sub in is above what he can get back, he won't come back in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3

What donkey said havent played 12 much but i know in 11 my halfback always needed 2-3 plays off and same with my middle linebacker since i controlled him and was in on a lot of plays and never leaving of the sprint button haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

My last game my backup QB was getting carries at HB.

I cannot comprehend how some see this as a non-issue.

But whatevs, everyone's different I guess.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-13-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
My last game my backup QB was getting carries at HB.

I cannot comprehend how some see this as a non-issue.

But whatevs, everyone's different I guess.
It's not an issue if you'd read what was posted

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
There isn't a problem, you just need to lower your auto subs. The game has progressive fatigue, so your player doesn't get all his fatigue back late in the game. If your auto sub in is above what he can get back, he won't come back in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
I know this. The problem is, unless you set your sub out and sub in numbers very high, starters rarely leave the field until the end of the game. My DL will all play 8 straight plays despite sub out being at 85 for them. That's ridiculous. My backup rb and DL should get more than like 3 plays on the field in the first 3.5 quarters....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »