Home

Non-spoiler/Non-dirt news thread

This is a discussion on Non-spoiler/Non-dirt news thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Non-spoiler/Non-dirt news thread

Just thought we should have one for this sort of thing. Ratings,injuries,Cena giving half his money to chairity,Miz being on TV etc. It's not dirt,it's not spoilers and most of it doesn't deserve its own topic.

I was going to start with all CM Punk merchandise being sold out and ratings being below 3.0 the last 2 weeks but Chase put it in the Raw thread.

I do have something nice to kick this thread off with related to Mason Ryan and his efforts to save his childhood theatre in Wales:

Quote:
WWE wrestler Barri Griffiths weighed in with his support to save Porthmadog’s Coliseum cinema.

The Save the Coliseum campaign aims to reopen the 80-year-old picture house, and ensure it stays profitable enough to remain open for future generations.

Barri, who is better known to wrestling fans by his ring name Mason Ryan, grew up inTremadogand has fond memories of going to the Coliseum in his younger days.

He said: “Being an ex-pupil of Ysgol Eifionydd, it's a great shame to hear the Coliseum hasn't opened its doors since January. All the kids from school, me of course being one of them, used to kick-start the weekend at the cinema.

“After buying sweets from the Kandy Kitchen sweet shop next door, tens of local teenagers would flock to watch the various films they used to show and it was most definitely an unique experience and we all remember the ‘Warws Beddgelert’ advert.

“The staff used to know us by name giving the place a homely atmosphere.”

His US-based career means Barri’s visits to Porthmadog are now few and far between, but he hopes the Coliseum can be saved and the new generation of school children can enjoy going there as he and his friends did.

“Although I'm not around these days, I am 100% behind the fight to save the Coliseum from complete closure and would love to see the place open again,” he added.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...5578-29034515/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Non-spoiler/Non-dirt news thread

The Rock responds to John Cena

Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

The Rock is speaking the truth about Cena...BUT...

Spoiler

I agree with the Rock that he doesn't need to attend everything, but the youtube and satellite promos with no payoff aren't helping his case either.

Plus, while I find Rock FAR more entertaining than Cena, he's gotta get some new material. The whole "saying your prayers" thing was funnier when it was used against Billy Gunn after King of the Ring way back when.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 07-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Cena responded to The Rock on Wednesday afternoon with the following statement on Twitter:

"CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money."

"I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments."

"Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman."

"Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love."

"I have never begged for anyones admiration or acceptance, u don't believe me..watch MITB. Its not about that. Its about showing up."

Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there.

"Until april 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great. Your friend John Cena"
Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The Rock is speaking the truth about Cena...BUT...

Spoiler

I agree with the Rock that he doesn't need to attend everything, but the youtube and satellite promos with no payoff aren't helping his case either.

Plus, while I find Rock FAR more entertaining than Cena, he's gotta get some new material. The whole "saying your prayers" thing was funnier when it was used against Billy Gunn after King of the Ring way back when.
Completely agree and Im sure they are doing this intentionally as a way to get the feud going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I never thought I would say this but I think the Rock needs to **** or get off the pot. A tweet here and there, or a youtube vid? Come on. Why bother. I enjoy the Rock as much as the next guy, but Cena is right.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Ryder interview with Marvel:

Quote:
Marvel.com: Every week on your YouTube show, you recognize a "Broski of the Week." Which heroes, villains and the like are your "bros" in the Marvel Universe?
The X-Men

Zack Ryder: That's easy! Bro-Lossus, Bro-fessor X, Woo-Woo-Woolverine. These broskis are in the Z-Men chapter of my Zack Pack.
http://marvel.com/news/story/16282/f...oys_zack_ryder
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

I read where WWE is producing a final Stone Cold dvd that sums up his entire career. According to Austin the dvd will be 4-5 discs. Cool to see Stone Cold actually respond to fans request to have the Wrestle War 92 War Games match on the dvd.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/stone-cold...11-2012/15339/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »