Home

NCAA Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on NCAA Midnight Release Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Well I literally watched a guy get fired. The manager stepped in the back at about 11:30. The guy started ringing up people at about 11:45 and got ten people out the door, the manager came back out and got mad, yelled then fired the guy.

I knew midnight release, but is 15 minutes really that big of a deal??

Also one guy walked in with a kid in a stroller, and a baby on his hip....thought that was weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Marcellus Wallace's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

It's a big deal when dealing with large companies like Walmart. Mom and Pop stores, not so much.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

that manager must have a miserable life.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the stores get in big time trouble from EA if they can prove they were selling it early. Like fines and stuff. That's just what I've heard in the past.

I saw one guy tonight sell a pair of shoes to a guy in line for enough money to buy the game. Not the shoes off his feet, some pair of Jordan's. I thought that was pretty ridic.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used to work at Target during my college days (horrible horrible company to work for, think Wal-Mart in a pretier bow but that's a different story)...and street dates were a serious issue.

If we sold a street dated game, cd, or movie early it would mean fines from the publishing company. There was also the posibility that the publisher would no longer send us the product until the day of release (so we wouldn't be able to have it ready at store opening on the street date).

As far as consequences for the employee it was always automativ temrination if you sold a street dated item. The cash registers were programed so that they would not allow you to sell the street dated item when you scanned it, however there was an over ride code which could be used. I know one guy who did that for his buddy, I believe it was for Madden 08....guy was fired a few days later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I stopped at Walmart on my way home from work. Got there around 11:30. Lady tried to ring me out at 11:59, system wouldn't let her do it. Once it hit midnight, she was able to ring me out and I was on my way.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Went to a Gamestop that is in the wrong part of town. Everyone was anxious to get there game and get the heck out of there. As we waited outside, a guy threw down some firecrackers and spooked just about everyone outside.

Just glad I got out of there.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #8
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiers86IU
I used to work at Target during my college days (horrible horrible company to work for, think Wal-Mart in a pretier bow but that's a different story)
Oh cmon. Everytime im shopping in Target, every chick in sight is impossibly hot. At least you'd have scenery!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »