Home

Extreme couponing - I'm becoming one of "those people"

This is a discussion on Extreme couponing - I'm becoming one of "those people" within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Cool Extreme couponing - I'm becoming one of "those people"

LOL, after watching that show "Extreme Couponing" I've gotten really into the coupon thing. Yes I've become one of those annoying folks in the grocery store who stands there looking at coupons for minutes at a time. I've got a HUGE notebook now with about 1,000 coupons in them, all indexed by department. It takes some time, I spend about 3 or 4 hours each Sunday taking out the old ones, clipping new ones and adding digital coupons, but I'm saving a TON of money already. Here are a couple of my most recent purchases I posted to Facebook:

"Just got back from Krogers, they paid me $1.21 to take home Axe Body Wash (Himilayan Lime Extract). How? It was on clearance from $3.99 to $2.79. I used my manufacturers coupon for $2.50 off to make it 29 cents, then used my $1.50 off e-coupon for a credit of $1.21. WOo Hoo! "

"Last night I got 5 helluva good dips at Meijers and they paid me $2.55 to take it out of the store. How? Simple, it's 99 cents a dip, I had a 75 cent coupon, the coupon doubles so each dip I purchase gives me a credit of .51 cents. Multiply that by 5 and I basically got my lunch meat for free this week!"

Last month our grocery bill would have been $440 but thanks to coupons I was able to knock that down to $300. That is for two people. Now that may seem somewhat high but we have added a BUNCH of stuff to our cupboard. We literally have enough here to eat for at least 3 or 4 months. Yes I'm building my own little supply cupboard just like on the show.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and if so, share any tips? My biggest tip is this: Look at ALL the ads, match up what is on sale and you have coupons for..and lastly, get multiple Sunday papers so when you find a good match you have multiple coupons (like in my posts above).
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Extreme couponing - I'm becoming one of "those people"

Nice. I'm a casual coupon user. I used episodes of EC for my Freshman 101 students this year during the unit on nutrition. One student said her aunt got into it to save money towards a trip to Disney world.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
The Senator

buckeye02's Arena

OVR: 31

At least you are not an extreme hoarder. Ive seen that show 2-3 times. Its sad really.

Not a bad thing to save money. Maybe i should do the same thing. I dont feel like cutting out coupons though.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Extreme couponers are early stages of extreme hoarders. Nothing wrong with saving, but when it gets to the point you using closet space, garage space, etc holding extra food......

then that is hoarding.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

How much would you say you save on a weekly/monthly (whatever's easier to figure) basis over what you used to spend?

Just wondering how worth it this really is. It intrigues me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
How much would you say you save on a weekly/monthly (whatever's easier to figure) basis over what you used to spend?

The "pros" save 80-90% that end up on the show. Probably 40-60% for the really good coupon users is my guess...
Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef

I'm saving about 3o% compared to my non-couponing days. Sme stuff like fruits and veggies are hard to find anything for. Our bill used to be about $400 to $450 a month and now it's usually in the $300-$330 range. I'm unemployed right now so I can spend time on it, but I plan to keep doing it when I find work, maybe just not as in depth..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #8
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm gonna start a petition to get you a subforum Odogg, cause your threads as always the best in here

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »