Home

Have you ever had one of those games where you just can't miss?

This is a discussion on Have you ever had one of those games where you just can't miss? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Have you ever had one of those games where you just can't miss?

I just had the most ridiculous game ever. I was feeling tired and lazy and I just wanted to play a mindless game so I chose to be the Heat against the Hornets, and what happened next was the most unbelievable game I've ever had. I play 7 minute quarters (48 minutes is just too long for me), shotstick timing, a good set of sliders that usually gives pretty realistic stats (i.e. 45-52 FG%). Here's a rundown of how the game finished:

Heat: 106 Hornets: 64 (I usually get about 55-65 points per game with 7 min quarters)
FG%: 75%!!! (45/60)
3P%: 68% (11/16)

Best players:
Lebron James: 37pts with 17/19 shooting. That's right, he shot the ball 19 times and made 17 of them, unbelievable.
D.Wade: 24pts with 10/15 shooting
Chris Bosh: 13pts 6/6 shooting
Mike Bibby: 12pts 4/5 shooting (so he made 80% of his 3s lol)

Have you ever had a game like this or better? What team and who was the mvp for the game? Lebron 17 of 19 shooting, I can't get over that lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Have you ever had one of those games where you just can't miss?

I remember playing a crew game with my PG (saved over him by accident R.I.P) and I went 19/20 in the game with 40 or so points. The crazy thing was that i wasn't even goin to the rack like that. The majority of my shots were 3's and Mid range jumpers and i didn't miss til the 4th quarter. I did take smart shots tho.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Nice stats, I guess once in a blue moon you get those crazy games. But the thing is is that it's not completely ridiculous in that it has happened in real life, like for instance Dirk Nowitski against the Thunder in game 1 (12/15 shooting + 24 straight free throws).
Old 07-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhannius
I just had the most ridiculous game ever. I was feeling tired and lazy and I just wanted to play a mindless game so I chose to be the Heat against the Hornets, and what happened next was the most unbelievable game I've ever had. I play 7 minute quarters (48 minutes is just too long for me), shotstick timing, a good set of sliders that usually gives pretty realistic stats (i.e. 45-52 FG%). Here's a rundown of how the game finished:

Heat: 106 Hornets: 64 (I usually get about 55-65 points per game with 7 min quarters)
FG%: 75%!!! (45/60)
3P%: 68% (11/16)

Best players:
Lebron James: 37pts with 17/19 shooting. That's right, he shot the ball 19 times and made 17 of them, unbelievable.
D.Wade: 24pts with 10/15 shooting
Chris Bosh: 13pts 6/6 shooting
Mike Bibby: 12pts 4/5 shooting (so he made 80% of his 3s lol)

Have you ever had a game like this or better? What team and who was the mvp for the game? Lebron 17 of 19 shooting, I can't get over that lol.

LOL, when I read the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about real life. I was like, "Yeah, I've had a few of those games back in the day (in my teens and twenties)".

- Michael Jordan
Old 07-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
LOL, when I read the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about real life. I was like, "Yeah, I've had a few of those games back in the day (in my teens and twenties)".
lol same.

its happened IRL too, playing a pickup game where it felt like i was shooting into an ocean and just couldnt miss.

i dont really play association but i've had my myplayer go 22/22 from the floor. i just couldnt miss that game

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Actually happened today for me. I was the Nuggets against the Bulls at home. My team didnt seem to care that they were playing a top 3 defense. Nene was lighting Noah up in the post and Gallinari was hitting all kinds of ridiculous shots.

Finished the game shooting 66% and hitting 7/8 threes. The Bulls finished at 53%, only because of Luol Deng who had 34 points (6 minute quarters).

I didnt have a real player of the game; my style is to get balanced scoring rather than focus on getting the ball to one or two guys. But it was awesome how I just lit up the Bulls all of a sudden.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #7
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

8-9 with R.Allen in the half with 5-5 threes, had more 25 if i remember correctly . (2 or 3 days ago actually)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Funny, yesterday Boobie Gibson went 7-8 from downtown in the first half and finished with 31 points on 9-12 in 3-point shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »