Home

Lockout and NBA 2K12

This is a discussion on Lockout and NBA 2K12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Lockout and NBA 2K12

Man, I don't envy the 2K developers when it comes to team rosters for NBA 2K12. With the lockout now in place, and likely to last a very long time, I'm curious as to what 2K is going to do in regards to rosters? Will they leave impending free agents (off the top of my head, guys like Nene that just opted out of his deal) on the teams they were on last year or will they be in the FA pool?

What about the rookies? Sure we know what teams they are on, but who will they replace on the roster so as to not exceed the max. number of players?

Maybe 2K12 could be all throwback teams and then whenever the lockout ends, 2K can add back in the current-day players.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Lockout and NBA 2K12

What I think would probably be best would be for them to just start the game out (for franchise only) at the draft or at free agency. I feel like that would stop the mess of them trying to guess who's really leaving and who's not.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this issue. it's a real sticky situation, as far as the rosters nobody knows who will be where? still that can be fixed pretty quickly with roster updates.

the bigger situation will be the franchise, with all the rule changes that go on in this negotiation, there is no way 2K will be able to get them all right, and will in effect probably have the same rules in 2K12 that it had in 2K11. I don't see any way around this.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Don't think 2k will have any rooks initially due to they are all unsigned this year at the time of the lockout
Old 07-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA Live 99 came out during the 98-99 lockout season. So, before jumping to conclusions, take a lool at what the rosters looked like for that game cause that's probably what 2K wil do too.

Besides, we have no idea how long the lockout will be. Noone knows if it's gonna last for a long time or not.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
Don't think 2k will have any rooks initially due to they are all unsigned this year at the time of the lockout
worst is that u're probably right : (

no way rooks will be in the game till the start of the nba season and the first roster update
Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2

to be honest i dont think 2k12 will first , get all the rule changes and second i don't think they have that pressure to even get as accurate as they can be since they have no competition this year, i dont think the jump from 2k11 to 2k12 will be that great, but 2k13 is something to look for.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
I'm more concerned about rules changes being implemented correctly(if any)..It's like back to to the drawing board after the past 2 years getting the current rules right.

At this point I wouldn't be mad a "Jordan" era game with some improvements to gameplay elements because I'm real anal about my franchise modes

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »