Home

A few things with EASHL

This is a discussion on A few things with EASHL within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry A few things with EASHL

Playing a few drop-in games last night made me think of a few essential changes the online side needs. I'll buy '12 anyway if the improvements to GM and game play are significant, but when I play online, there are a few things that drive me nuts:

1. Lag. Earlier in the year, around 1 in 10 games would be lag-free, with the rest being mostly tolerable, but lately the lag has been unbearable - checks are well over a second late (so miss) and shots and passes are released too slow (wouldn't be a problem if it was an intended part of the game). The connection strength icon on the join team screen always used to be green (3 bars), but is always orange (2 bars) now. Anyone else get this?

2. Pausing. I don't think this should be in at all. Opposing teams continuously pausing games when they go down a goal, just to annoy the other team is unacceptable. There are beaks between periods, so why have game-interrupting pausing anyway?

3. People joining a team as a goalie just so they can step aside and let in goals. '12 needs to have a kick team-mates option.

Anyone know if any of these are being addressed?

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: A few things with EASHL

I totally agree on all points.. shortening the games is a must.. an hour on average per game is far too long. I agree about vote kicking as well but it could be abused i.e. kicking out a goalie just because he let in one bad goal.

Another thing is they need to stop constantly changing the online tuners for every little thing, managing to nerf certain attributes and strategies in the game. i.e. they wanted to get rid of "figure skating" so they made players fall at random times instead,
Old 07-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A few things with EASHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones79
Playing a few drop-in games last night made me think of a few essential changes the online side needs. I'll buy '12 anyway if the improvements to GM and game play are significant, but when I play online, there are a few things that drive me nuts:

1. Lag. Earlier in the year, around 1 in 10 games would be lag-free, with the rest being mostly tolerable, but lately the lag has been unbearable - checks are well over a second late (so miss) and shots and passes are released too slow (wouldn't be a problem if it was an intended part of the game). The connection strength icon on the join team screen always used to be green (3 bars), but is always orange (2 bars) now. Anyone else get this?

2. Pausing. I don't think this should be in at all. Opposing teams continuously pausing games when they go down a goal, just to annoy the other team is unacceptable. There are beaks between periods, so why have game-interrupting pausing anyway?

3. People joining a team as a goalie just so they can step aside and let in goals. '12 needs to have a kick team-mates option.

Anyone know if any of these are being addressed?

Cheers
From the mods at EA, sounds like the pause issue could be addressed, but as for the others, I'm not confident in seeing anything. Not much they can do about lag, besides maybe seperating US/CAN and Europe.

As far as kicking a team mate during action... I agree. All GM's should have the right to do this as trying players out is part of the game. In real hockey you can bench them. In this game you have to sit there helplessly while they can sabotage your game.

I agree with all your points though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »