Home

fuel problem...big time,f1 2010

This is a discussion on fuel problem...big time,f1 2010 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
fuel problem...big time,f1 2010

ima bequick here ... when i race 20% races with simulations on i have the same speed as the a.i. cars . thats good. but i want 100% ,and when i started my 1st race on 100% and fuel sim on i waseven slower than the lotus . anyone have aknowledge whats the matter of this ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: fuel problem...big time,f1 2010

there's some sort of glitch with the fuel sim, where it doesn't seem to apply to computer players, if I remember correctly. If you want to run 100% length, it's best to turn fuel sim off.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshill
there's some sort of glitch with the fuel sim, where it doesn't seem to apply to computer players, if I remember correctly. If you want to run 100% length, it's best to turn fuel sim off.
isnt there any workaround for this?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

aside from turning fuel sim off, not that I know of. Hopefully it'll get fixed for 2011, since burning fuel affects handling.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fuel sim is simply not modeled correctly on the AI cars. I suspect that it is not modeled at all. I believe the weight of AI cars remains constant (e.g. no fuel burning/consumption). The only workaround is to turn fuel sim off at all times. You will notice it more on longer races because you car starts with a heavy fuel load. The shorter distance races still exhibit the same problem, however, it is less noticeable due to the weight difference between your car and the AI cars being smaller due to the smaller fuel load simulated on your car.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leger433
Fuel sim is simply not modeled correctly on the AI cars. I suspect that it is not modeled at all. I believe the weight of AI cars remains constant (e.g. no fuel burning/consumption). The only workaround is to turn fuel sim off at all times. You will notice it more on longer races because you car starts with a heavy fuel load. The shorter distance races still exhibit the same problem, however, it is less noticeable due to the weight difference between your car and the AI cars being smaller due to the smaller fuel load simulated on your car.
would you say 50% race distance is alright instead f 100% with all sims on?
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed the fuel sim problem even at 20-30%. I can start competitive with the AI but as my fuel starts to burn off and my car gets faster I start lapping the field. You probably have to go down to 5% distance or so to not feel the effects of the fuel sim bug. Sadly, the best thing to do is just turn it off.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by leger433
I noticed the fuel sim problem even at 20-30%. I can start competitive with the AI but as my fuel starts to burn off and my car gets faster I start lapping the field. You probably have to go down to 5% distance or so to not feel the effects of the fuel sim bug. Sadly, the best thing to do is just turn it off.
I play at 50% and don't have a problem with the harder AI setting. The AI is much faster and I no longer have to worry about lapping them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »