Home

New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Rookie

ReadyForTheShow's Arena

OVR: 3
New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13

It's never to early for wishful thinking or to bounce around some good ideas so what are the top improvements or new features you would like to see added to next years game?

My Wishlist: (in no particular order)

1. Updated Create-a-Player
I would love to see this feature taken to it's limits every year. While the current feature isn't lacking I feel like there is still not enough diversity when creating/editing players. I would love to see more additions to the new hair such as shorter dreads and long hair not in the form of dreadlocks. I also think the additions of Adidas as a brand for cleats and visors would also improve the games overall look.

2. Revamped Penalty System
While it may work for some people I hate the fact that every year in dynasty I am the least penalized team. While I do realize there are sliders and tuning that can adjust this so penalties are just ridiculous especially if you enter into the Instant Replay to see what happened.

3. Revamped Replay/Challenge Play
Now don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game and I am certainly a fan of the wipes and replays that are in the game but I wouldn't mind a more broadcast feel as it is weird to see an ESPN wipe and then get transported to a shot that isn't a real life styled replay. Mainly though the replays are the basis for a challenge, to an extent. So some how I would like to see this system re-done because there are way to many calls that are clearly missed or done wrong.

I have always been interested in having a system where the game recognizes three or so possible reasons for challenging because I have seen fumbles that I challenge and the game ends up thinking I want to challenge the spot of the ball.

I am sure I have more but those are 3 that would definitely improve my experience playing this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New Features/Improvements for NCAA13

NCAA13 release what each team's roster looks like one month before the game comes out, that will help reduce the time it takes to get rosters right after release
Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

Just some features i would like to see in no particular order ...
  • 85 man rosters
  • Duplicate #'s (The excuse they gave us this year was BS)
  • KR and PR in RTG
  • Adjustable camera angle for RTG
  • Always need more player equipment/accessories
  • Drop the mascot game (No one plays this)
  • Mini games imported over from Madden, or at least give us our old mini games back (Mini games could be used in RTG instead of always being in a scrimmage type practice)
  • The ability to set formation subs from the main menu, not just in game or in dynasty
  • Revamped OL/DL and WR/DB interactions
  • Ability to build new or upgrade stadiums in Dynasty mode
  • (Will need to see how it works this year) But i expect they will need to make it easier to establish a running game out of the shotgun
  • Added jump ball animations
  • Different player types (Power RB's and speed RB's should feel completely different and have different animations)
Old 06-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

-85 man rosters is the big one for me
-Formation Subs from the main menu and not just in game or dynasty
-Different sock styles/lengths (add pro style and colored) so now we could have black, white, or team color. K-state used to wear purple socks, i would love to bring that back it looked sweet.
-EA make the default sock length for all teams in '13 be medium! No one wears low socks anymore besides maybe some kickers.
-Lots more accesiories and equipment needs to be added
-The big ones for me are eye black and team colored shoes
Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_baker09
Just some features i would like to see in no particular order ...
  • 85 man rosters
  • Duplicate #'s (The excuse they gave us this year was BS)
  • KR and PR in RTG
  • Adjustable camera angle for RTG
  • Always need more player equipment/accessories
  • Drop the mascot game (No one plays this)
  • Mini games imported over from Madden, or at least give us our old mini games back (Mini games could be used in RTG instead of always being in a scrimmage type practice)
  • The ability to set formation subs from the main menu, not just in game or in dynasty
  • Revamped OL/DL and WR/DB interactions
  • Ability to build new or upgrade stadiums in Dynasty mode
  • (Will need to see how it works this year) But i expect they will need to make it easier to establish a running game out of the shotgun
  • Added jump ball animations
  • Different player types (Power RB's and speed RB's should feel completely different and have different animations)
To be honest, I hated the mini-games on the PS2, they only succeded at ticking me off, though the option attack one was fun, except I wish I could choose only to do speed/power options, because I hate the triple option because you get stuck in the handoff aimation and can't dash away. I like the practices better, especially since they're supposed to be better this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
To be honest, I hated the mini-games on the PS2, they only succeded at ticking me off, though the option attack one was fun, except I wish I could choose only to do speed/power options, because I hate the triple option because you get stuck in the handoff aimation and can't dash away. I like the practices better, especially since they're supposed to be better this year.
I think the mini games were always fun to play, especially with a couple friends over or if you have 3 brothers like me. We are all real competitve and like to have tournaments for bragging rights. We like the mini games just because they take less time than having to wait ~30 min. for a whole game to complete. But i do agree with you that i didnt care for the mini games from NCAA Football. Madden mini game >>> NCAA mini games. But I like playing NCAA more than Madden because I'm a NCAA guy, so if they would just transfer over Madden's mini games i could have the best of both worlds . I doubt mini games take up mach space at all and they could switch it with mascot games which are god awful!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

By biggest wish is for them to bring back medical redshirts
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think they should bring back the option to have a mouthpiece as well and i wish they would have color tab options for the visors

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »