Home

Association: Expansion Draft/Seattle Sonics

This is a discussion on Association: Expansion Draft/Seattle Sonics within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Association: Expansion Draft/Seattle Sonics

Hey Guys -

I did something pretty cool that you may want to try. I took the Raptors out of the NBA and moved them out West as the Seattle Sonics. By customizing conferences/teams you can bring in the 96 Sonics (and their arena) as an existing team. I did an actual expansion draft based on the 2004 Bobcats rules (assuming it took place BEFORE the 2010 season). I edited the Raptors roster then swapped it with the sonics - saved roster - then went to Assoc with that Sonics team.

Here is what I did:

NBA Draft - Used a lottery generator tool and landed the #2 Pick in the draft. I selected DeMarcus Cousins/Kentucky. The Kings were given Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Ed Davis as compensation/draft pick package. My 2nd round pick was Devin Ebanks/West Virginia.

Next was the actual expansion draft - Each team protects 8 players, The Sonics can only take 1 player from each team at most. The Sonics must pick 13 players. Remember this assumes where players WERE as of summer 2010.

#1 - Chris Duhon - Magic
#2 - Reggie Evans - Existing Raptors
#3 - Sasha Vujacic - Lakers
#4 - Brendan Haywood - Mavs
#5 - Jordan Hill - Rockets
#6 - Daniel Gibson - Cavs
#7 - Mike Bibby - Hawks
#8 - Rasual Butler - Clippers
#9 - Jodie Meeks - 76ers
#10 - Patrick Mills - Blazers
#11 - Sebastian Telfair - TWolves
#12 - Jermaine O'Neal - Celtics
#13 - Hasheem Thabeet - Grizzlies

Starters
C - J. O'Neal / B. Haywood
PF - D. Cousins (R) / R. Evans / J. Hill
SF - S. Vujacic / D. Ebanks (R)
SG - D. Gibson / R. Butler
PG - C. Duhon / M. Bibby / P. Mills

Reserves (For Some Reason it wont let me send my 2 eligible players to D-League - if you guys know let me know - it says i need to keep 12 guys when I have 15!!)
H. Thabeet (D-League Eligible)
J. Meeks (D-League Eligible)
S. Telfair

I only played one game (vs. the Hawks) - we barely won - I can tell this team won't win much. We were on fire from 3pt range and got very lucky. Cousins poured in 28 in his first night with O'Neal recording 13 pts, 11 boards.

This should be a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Association: Expansion Draft/Seattle Sonics

This is a pretty cool idea think ill take it and run with it, i really like the challenge it presents, its essentially starting off with an expansion team.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sweet idea, might give this a whirl next go round.

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #4

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I do this all the time and love it. It adds entirely new dimension to team building. I took out the Charlotte Bobcats, moved Memphis to the SE, OKC to SW and put Seattle in the NW(i really wish that 2k11 would reorganize nba.com alphabetically after that but oh well) and had a dispersal draft with the current Bobcats(order based on one-year sim) Then traditionally I'll either fill the team with FA's (Alston/Hughes/Finley/Williams/Brezec ftw?) or I'll take the time and do the expansion.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I do this all the time and love it. It adds entirely new dimension to team building. I took out the Charlotte Bobcats, moved Memphis to the SE, OKC to SW and put Seattle in the NW(i really wish that 2k11 would reorganize nba.com alphabetically after that but oh well) and had a dispersal draft with the current Bobcats(order based on one-year sim) Then traditionally I'll either fill the team with FA's (Alston/Hughes/Finley/Williams/Brezec ftw?) or I'll take the time and do the expansion.
Yeah man it's super cool - i read the rules online from the 2004 draft and went all the way with it. Cousins is basically my Okafor. If I would have pulled out #1 I totally would have picked Wall. Unfortunately, I got the #2. I am happy with Cousins. I can send you or anyone else my spreadsheet if you want. I took the list and protected 8 players from each team like the rules stipulated. It sucked for me, I honestly had little to pick from. I think I got some good players though. Passing up Derek Fisher was VERY tough for me. Sasha at 26 though you can't pass up.

For the Celtics - Either Jermaine or Shaq was going to be unprotected. I totally wanted Shaq but - the C's mindset is they were making the run this year - they would have kept Shaq at beginning of the year. O'Neal, Jermaine - has some game though. I like him playing.

Now onto Chris Duhon...wow...who has more to prove them him. He needs to show what he can do. Bibby is there and able to take his spot if he's not. I like the Cousins/Duhon combo - they are going to have to produce.

The Sonics uni's are awesome - I wish I had more than 2 to choose from though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I do something like this all the time with the sonics only problem you have to get rid of all the old guys that now one wants on their roster. I have do fantasy draft to avoid this problem the players that will be drafted this year are not in the fantasy draft till nba 2k12 comes out any ideas ?
NBA: Sonics/ favorite player Lebron James
NCAA Basketball: U of W huskies
NCAA football : Oregon Ducks
Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfansince03
I do something like this all the time with the sonics only problem you have to get rid of all the old guys that now one wants on their roster. I have do fantasy draft to avoid this problem the players that will be drafted this year are not in the fantasy draft till nba 2k12 comes out any ideas ?
Not 100% on this but i think what you can do is (before you start anything) go into rosters and edit them off onto the free agency market and make them super old or just really bad (bad enough no one else wants them) and i think that should solve it.

If im not mistaken someone already touched on this?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks for the help. You packer fans enjoy the lock out while u can because once we get football back the cowboys are going all the way
NBA: Sonics/ favorite player Lebron James
NCAA Basketball: U of W huskies
NCAA football : Oregon Ducks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »