Home

Pitchers stepping off while on third

This is a discussion on Pitchers stepping off while on third within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
TCM
MVP

TCM's Arena

OVR: 15
Pitchers stepping off while on third

I've been noticing this a lot lately. Whenever I have a guy on third base the pitcher can step off and my baserunner will automatically try and steal home. Anyone else get this? It's annoying when I lose the game because Jim Thome tries to steal home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Pitchers stepping off while on third

I haven't seen it. Did you check the bugs/glitches thread for this? That'd be the first place I would look.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm not aware of any glitch that would cause this. Sounds like you are inadvertently pressing the commands for a manual steal. Are you using Guess Pitch?
Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
TCM
MVP

TCM's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm not aware of any glitch that would cause this. Sounds like you are inadvertently pressing the commands for a manual steal. Are you using Guess Pitch?
Yes I am and it's only at third base. I had the bases loaded and the pitcher stepped off and only my runner at third base went. I wasn't using manual steal or anything it's happened like 4 times in my past couple of games.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

Then yeah I think you are accidentally pressing the manual steal commands. This happened a lot in previous years to users who also used guess pitch. The issue is if you guess location before the pitch type or something like that, you are also targeting the runner than instructing him to immediately break for the next base. Try reversing the order on your guesses (guess the pitch first) and see if that does the trick.

I'm not too familiar with the issue myself though since I've never used Guess Pitch, but I know I read about it several times and this always turned out to be the cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCityMauer
I've been noticing this a lot lately. Whenever I have a guy on third base the pitcher can step off and my baserunner will automatically try and steal home. Anyone else get this? It's annoying when I lose the game because Jim Thome tries to steal home.
Pitchers step off when you steal early, and stealing early is when you point the L stick left and press X. My guess is that you guessed inside fastball before pressing R2?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

FYI, I used to do this inadvertently sometimes while taking practice swings before the pitch. With X being the normal swing button and the steal home command, if I had moved the L stick even a bit to the left while taking that practice swing it would queue up a home steal. Took me a while to figure out why it did that.

That's in the past though, from the earlier games in the series - it's not a problem for me anymore since I use analog hitting.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Now this might seem very odd but I to noticed this as well. I made a thread awhile back and I was told to reset my controller and everything but it was still happening.

Now I was using a roster that was edited and I thought perhaps for some odd reason that was causing it.

I switched the rosters I was using to another edited roster and the problem went away. I wasn't doing anything different with the controller or anything with the 2nd roster I tried.

So my guess was it was the roster lol. Sounds crazy I know but once I made the switch it went away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »