Home

Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

This is a discussion on Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

Will Madden 12 have team specific helmets in the Pro Bowl? Has any info been provided on this topic.
Star Wars Outlaws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
Will Madden 12 have team specific helmets in the Pro Bowl? Has any info been provided on this topic.
I'm near positive this is something they would have told us already if it were in. Take the silence as a no until proven otherwise.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

This was in one year in last-gen, can't remember what year but I'm fairly certain it was.
But I also recall a dev saying it messes up too many other things (frame rate, maybe?) that it's not worth it. That might be the same reason they don't have individual team uniforms in baseball all-star games.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yup, it's resource heavy to load all 32 helmets in a single game, that's why we haven't seen it. The systems certainly don't have that much overhead during games left over and is why you can see the occasional stutter/slowdown. Technology may not have been pushing a previous console hard enough or it handled resources differently so the overhead was available to load all the helmets.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yup, it's resource heavy to load all 32 helmets in a single game, that's why we haven't seen it. The systems certainly don't have that much overhead during games left over and is why you can see the occasional stutter/slowdown. Technology may not have been pushing a previous console hard enough or it handled resources differently so the overhead was available to load all the helmets.

This is why I had that previous thread about things being left out in these consoles. If these console are suppposedly so much better than the previous ones why would this be an issue. PS2 Madden 02-04 had these and there was no problem. I'll also take no word as no as well.
Star Wars Outlaws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
This is why I had that previous thread about things being left out in these consoles. If these console are suppposedly so much better than the previous ones why would this be an issue. PS2 Madden 02-04 had these and there was no problem. I'll also take no word as no as well.
They weren't as powerful, but it doesn't mean the engine(s) and assets being used during games consumed 100% of their power which would make things like this topic possible.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think this is ever going to be possible.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
The amount of memory required for each helmet with the detail levels of the 360/PS3 generation is exponentially bigger than what it was on XBOX and PS2. The systems have more memory but the discrepancy between the systems of both generations is much smaller than the discrepancy between the levels of details in the graphical assets used today VS back then.

People get frustrated because they're the same helmets/stadiums/whatever but they're really not the same assets at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »