Home

Anyone know how to get SF to Bring Ball Up Court?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how to get SF to Bring Ball Up Court? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Anyone know how to get SF to Bring Ball Up Court?

Without moving a SF to the PG position anyone know how to get the CPU to inbound the ball so that SF can bring the ball up court.

I'm thinking Scottie Pippen, Lamar Odom, Hedo Turkoglu being the primary ball handlers here. I figure that playbooks would help most in this regard, but are there specific plays that enable the SF to bring the ball up court/let them start the offense primarily?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone know how to get SF to Bring Ball Up Court?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Without moving a SF to the PG position anyone know how to get the CPU to inbound the ball so that SF can bring the ball up court.

I'm thinking Scottie Pippen, Lamar Odom, Hedo Turkoglu being the primary ball handlers here. I figure that playbooks would help most in this regard, but are there specific plays that enable the SF to bring the ball up court/let them start the offense primarily?
Give this a shot: go to EDIT & change your SF's secondary position to PG. That may work; I think if you change the SF's primary position to PG, it might mess some things up but I could be wrong.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

I think the small forward ball handling ratings must be higher than a 80. I know lebron's is higher than that so this might be the trick.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try changing the play style to Point Forward.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I know getting someone other than the point guard to initiate the play is to give that person a play from the PG section of the playbooks. If you have auto plays going it should make your SF get the inbounds pass depending on the amount of touches he has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Aesop5upreme's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
I know getting someone other than the point guard to initiate the play is to give that person a play from the PG section of the playbooks. If you have auto plays going it should make your SF get the inbounds pass depending on the amount of touches he has.

I agree with the last two posts set both point forward & set plays.This works.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop5upreme
I agree with the last two posts set both point forward & set plays.This works.
Those things mean nothing from a gameplay perspective. He wants the small forward to be where the PG usually is to be given the ball and walk/jog it up court. I think ball handling rating has a lot to do with it.

Try this out ... give whoever the small forward is a 99 ball handling rating and see if it allows him to be there to bring it up.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Didn't want to start a new thread since this one already existed. However, the advice in here seems to pertain to 2k11 only(since all the post are pre-2k12).

Has anyone figured this out for 2k12? I would like Pippen to bring the ball sometimes(not always but more than he does currently) for the Bulls. I looked through the playbooks and discovered a couple things:1) you can't give add plays from the classic team playbooks to current playbooks you can just assign the whole playbook. 2) I can't figure out how to give the SF(or SG) plays where they bring ball up, om 2k11 you could just assign the SF some plays out of the PG set and it would work, I don't seem to be able to this on 2k12.

I looked through the playbook for the Heat and couldn't even find more than 1-2 plays where Lebron initiated the offense.

Am I missing something or has the ability to do this been removed or made un-adjustable (MJ brings the ball up but Pip doesn't)? Thought I saw thread where some claimed to have figured this out a while back(not long after 2k12 came out) but was unable to find it using the search feature.

I tried some of things recommended in this thread(raised Pip's ball handling to 99 just to test) but it didn't seem to make a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »