Home

Is it the difficulty or my skill

This is a discussion on Is it the difficulty or my skill within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is it the difficulty or my skill

I am playing Association with the Nets. I played 50 games (2010-11 season): All-Star/Sim, Cutch Factor On, Real Player % Freethrow Shooting. Ended the year with a 36-46 record

I am now in my second year, I played 17 games (including Preseason). I am currently 11-0, 11 game winning streak. I made moves in the offseason, my players progressed from the following year. I am crushing teams left and right. However, with this same team I have put together, I lost three games in the preseason.

11-0, #1 in Power Ranking. The games are beginning to feel too easy.

PG- D-Will 95
SG- Anthony Morrow 72
SF- Travis Outlaw 79
PF- Paul Millsap 86
C- Brook Lopez 87

I almost lost to the Atlanta Hawks, but beat them at the very end 109-107.

Now is it me playing good, or do I need to boost the difficulty. I was losing a lot of games with the Nets the previous year, but now I am dominating (11-0).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is it the difficulty or my skill

It's both. I would consider going after a new slider set (I'm using Redlogic's Hall of Fame sliders, I don't think you'll be crushing teams for a bit if you go with them). You don't want the game to be impossible, but crushing teams isn't exactly fun either.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
It's both. I would consider going after a new slider set (I'm using Redlogic's Hall of Fame sliders, I don't think you'll be crushing teams for a bit if you go with them). You don't want the game to be impossible, but crushing teams isn't exactly fun either.
I understand the fun factor of the game, but what about realism. What if I was using the Miami Heat and I was playing against the Raptors? I am supposed to dominate, its expected. The Raptors having the Heat at their mercy is just unrealistic. I am thinking its the team, the Nets I put together, they are just a contender this year. The Nets previous year were like 72-74 overall, maybe 76 tops. Right now I am at 83 overall.

If I go 25-0 and unlock that achievement for Reward Points, I will consider the sliders - thanks for your input.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

sYn Shepard's Arena

OVR: 14

I've been tossing that problem around too. I'd love to set sliders to add a bit of a challenge, but I want it to all be realistic. I don't like games that are hard just to be hard. I want to have to fight hard against teams who are better and roll over those teams who aren't. Let me know if you figure out anything
Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn Shepard
I've been tossing that problem around too. I'd love to set sliders to add a bit of a challenge, but I want it to all be realistic. I don't like games that are hard just to be hard. I want to have to fight hard against teams who are better and roll over those teams who aren't. Let me know if you figure out anything
Well I just lost to the Suns(away game) who gave me a problem earlier in the month... 108-89. I am facing the Thunder(away) right now.

11-1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the same issue as the OP. I'm playing as the TWolves on HOF and am about to win the championship in my 2nd year. I'm the 1 seed. I do have losses but they're few and far between.

Sliders are sim but I upped the CPUs 3pt Accuracy.

I started tweaking sliders even more but then it just gets UNREALISTIC as you start blowing open layups.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyce924
I have the same issue as the OP. I'm playing as the TWolves on HOF and am about to win the championship in my 2nd year. I'm the 1 seed. I do have losses but they're few and far between.

Sliders are sim but I upped the CPUs 3pt Accuracy.

I started tweaking sliders even more but then it just gets UNREALISTIC as you start blowing open layups.
I'd suggest Redlogics HOF sliders.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

let me ask you something, what are the cpu's freethrow attempts vs your own....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »