Home

what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far?

This is a discussion on what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far?

so far, presentation and graphics are amazing. Game play looks improved but there is a few things i am hating: game looks like it is too fasst ( i know i can adjust game speed but out of the box speed is off ). Players movement is improved but their movement after the play ends and presnap is tooooooo robotic and stiff, like how the players run to their positions at their line f scrimmage, its waaay too robotic and mke the game look good. Hopefully they fix those things before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: what do you guys think of the new gameplay from E3 videos so far?

Well, I love the broadcast style presentation. Madden's graphics have been nice for the past couple of years, but we never saw the players close up for some odd reason. Currently, the close up shots and real-life TV look is a long-time coming.

But I still don't like how the players move. Guys get up, rotate 180 degrees like their on some kind of conveyor belt, and run stiffly to and from the huddle. There's no fluidity to the movements. So while I love the broadcast presentation, when the game is in motion, it sort of hurts the overall effect they were trying to achieve.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The presentation is nice, but am I missing what is new about the gameplay, it looks exactly the same??
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I think guys have been giving their opinion in all the other threads about the actual gameplay video. Have you tried reading them?

I love the camera angles and presentation. Dislike how the starters are shown. They show the skill positions twice and don't show the line at all. Of course, this makes sense because Madden has never given the line the love it deserves as far as gameplay. Gameplay seems very similar to the past.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I think guys have been giving their opinion in all the other threads about the actual gameplay video. Have you tried reading them?

I love the camera angles and presentation. Dislike how the starters are shown. They show the skill positions twice and don't show the line at all. Of course, this makes sense because Madden has never given the line the love it deserves as far as gameplay. Gameplay seems very similar to the past.
I think this is a nice new wrapper around the same old piece of coal, once the presentation wears off, many of you guys will be disappointed again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
I think this is a nice new wrapper around the same old piece of coal, once the presentation wears off, many of you guys will be disappointed again.
So, let me ask you what you were expecting to see in the gameplay shots. First, have you been following the changes made? It seems as if you were expecting some sort of wondrous miracle in the game play videos. We saw standard plays. Not every play is going to look amazing.

I'm not blindly defending Madden, but I'm rather perplexed by your point of view. It seems as if you were anticipating some glorious rapture of Madden from these videos. Much of what's changed isn't going to show up in a couple clips from some standard passing plays.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I like. I think if you liked M11, you'll really enjoy M12 with the new collision system, presentation, and other bells & whistles.

If you despise the very foundation that the game is built on including some of the negative things that have defined this generation, I don't know that it'll look all that different.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So, let me ask you what you were expecting to see in the gameplay shots. First, have you been following the changes made? It seems as if you were expecting some sort of wondrous miracle in the game play videos. We saw standard plays. Not every play is going to look amazing.

I'm not blindly defending Madden, but I'm rather perplexed by your point of view. It seems as if you were anticipating some glorious rapture of Madden from these videos. Much of what's changed isn't going to show up in a couple clips from some standard passing plays.
I am not expecting anything from Madden, not after seven years I reckon, except an attempt to change several of it's most glaring needs in this generation, if we just look at the locomotive and transitional elements of the gameplay which still pale in comparison to its other EA counterparts, forget about another football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »