Home

Trouble with CPU Lineups in Franchise

This is a discussion on Trouble with CPU Lineups in Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Trouble with CPU Lineups in Franchise

I'm having all sorts of trouble with franchise mode. I was able to use Knight and other people's set up methods to set the cpu teams lineups how I want them, but it really only works for opening day. When the cpu subs guys in to rest them they do it way too much.

For example guys like Morneau, Arod, Pujols are sitting out 2-3 times a week) and on top of that the lineups that the cpu uses when they rest these guys is not even close to accurate. Morneau hits 2nd, Arod leads off, Chipper Jones hits 2nd, Matsui leads off for Oakland, Is there a way this can be fixed?

I'm using 30 team control and have default profile set to the one that has me controlling lineups/rotations for the custom (which is the other 29 teams) and mine which I use for just my team (Mariners) When I load my franchise there is a little note that says requires version 1.15 or later... Do I need to update or something? If this can't be fixed this is very disappointing as it is impossible to play a very accurate or realistic season when the cpu benches guys like Pujols, Arod, Hamilton 3 times a week and they use lineups like they do when they rest guys for their off days. I don't mind making an effort to try and control things, but if I have to sit here and go into every cpu game every day and start it to make sure their lineup is accurate and then sim it... that's really disappointing the people that make this game couldn't prevent something like this from happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm using Knights full minors complete out of the roster vault for my roster, the one titled opening day. I just simmed about 40 games and so far Morneau has played 25, Arod 27, and Hamilton from Texas 27... None of them had any time missed for injuries not even a day... this is not even close to how it goes in real life. Teams dont rest their best players once every 3 games or so ever especially in the beginning of the season.

Last edited by morecali778; 06-06-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
re: Trouble with CPU Lineups in Franchise

Can you edit that and use paragraphs please? I didn't even bother trying to read it all.

One thing I did get out of it: The "Version 1.15" message is for informational purposes only, just ignore it. It was added because since you can now copy files externally (ie your franchise file to another PS3), the developers felt the need to remind you that the new PS3 would also need to have the latest patch installed.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Trouble with CPU Lineups in Franchise

OP, I changed the title of your thread to something that better explains your problem.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

This issue has irked me at well but realistically what can be done to ensure that every cpu-controlled team puts out a *perfect* lineup/rotation?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
This issue has irked me at well but realistically what can be done to ensure that every cpu-controlled team puts out a *perfect* lineup/rotation?
nothing, in year 2020 the AI needs some sort of logic to set lineups
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
nothing, in year 2020 the AI needs some sort of logic to set lineups
tell me about it...i tried setting each team's lineup/rotation to make it look as realistic as possible and i gave up after i was 3/4 of the way through....i was optioning all the players that werent gunna be on the 25-man roster, down to AAA and suddenly AAA was flooded with too many players
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I just cranked up the starting players durability. That was one of the first things I did after I loaded Knight's rosters into franchise. Especially if they're an everyday player. For example:

I cranked up Neil Walker's durability for the pirates: he's an everyday player at 2b but....

for the cubs I kind of rounded out the durability ratings for Dewitt, Barney, etc... it seems that the cubs use a more balanced attack at 2b as I've followed their season. Castro at SS has a very high durability rating...etc.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
I just cranked up the starting players durability. That was one of the first things I did after I loaded Knight's rosters into franchise. Especially if they're an everyday player. For example:

I cranked up Neil Walker's durability for the pirates: he's an everyday player at 2b but....

for the cubs I kind of rounded out the durability ratings for Dewitt, Barney, etc... it seems that the cubs use a more balanced attack at 2b as I've followed their season. Castro at SS has a very high durability rating...etc.
BINGO!
I do the same as well.
Helps a lot.

I've also been asking for separate durability(games played) and injury(prone to injury) attributes for a few years now.
As it is...durability is a kind of hybrid attribute that dictates a players stamina to play games and also their tendency to get an injury.(It goes up a bit with fatigue at max).

So if I put a player at 99 durability and 99 injury...he could play all 162 games(if he didn't get injured) and his likelihood of injury is very slight.
The same would be for the opposite of course.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »