Home

"Player No Longer Interested in Offer" - Need Help

This is a discussion on "Player No Longer Interested in Offer" - Need Help within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Player No Longer Interested in Offer" - Need Help

Hi everyone,

I've poked around the forum a bit and have received some great tips while looking through the threads. However, I'm having a contract/FA issue in franchise mode that I've not found addressed using the basic search function.

I'm at the end of my first year, post-patches, and I have some lower tier guys who aren't renewable that I've made offers to with in some cases full interest meters. I sim to the next day, and they are all "no longer interested in my offer". This makes no sense to me as I have space on the 90 man roster, all of the MLB/AAA/AA/A levels are what they should be in terms of player space, and I still have $11 million to sign these player who in total shouldn't cost more than 5 mill to sign. I've tried changing years, upping dollars - same thing after the sim. If anyone has any advice I could sure use it.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention this was happening when I had exclusive rights to negotiate, and afterwards, no offers were made to them at the time besides mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "Player No Longer Interested in Offer" - Need Help

That is strange. Usually those kinds of players sign for peanuts. Though you may still be alright if no other team makes an offer, which is usually the case with the low overall players.

Also, did you make sure to offer contracts to the guys who have renewable contracts?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

They usually do sign with almost no problems. I've never seen this before in a franchise. Actually everyone has a contract offered who is renewable (at this point I only have one of those), and those who I want to keep I've offered contracts. Really I've tried upping the offers by 25% over what they were looking for and its still rejected. Very odd.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartofear
Hi everyone,

I've poked around the forum a bit and have received some great tips while looking through the threads. However, I'm having a contract/FA issue in franchise mode that I've not found addressed using the basic search function.

I'm at the end of my first year, post-patches, and I have some lower tier guys who aren't renewable that I've made offers to with in some cases full interest meters. I sim to the next day, and they are all "no longer interested in my offer". This makes no sense to me as I have space on the 90 man roster, all of the MLB/AAA/AA/A levels are what they should be in terms of player space, and I still have $11 million to sign these player who in total shouldn't cost more than 5 mill to sign. I've tried changing years, upping dollars - same thing after the sim. If anyone has any advice I could sure use it.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention this was happening when I had exclusive rights to negotiate, and afterwards, no offers were made to them at the time besides mine.
I've seen it before: It happens under 2 circumstances-1. during exclusive contract negotiations when you offer a player not on the 40 30K and they want more like 200K. 2. After a player has had a bid 2-3 months and hasn't signed.

In the 1st case you slightly increase the bid, in the 2nd you just put the bid on the player up again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »