Home

Created Players Be a GM the Reboot (NHL 11)

This is a discussion on Created Players Be a GM the Reboot (NHL 11) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Created Players Be a GM the Reboot (NHL 11)

Most of you knew this was going to happen so here is the thread for it. If you want in post on my Blues thread and I will update the first post with you here. For those that have already posted there your name will be on here with the team you will be playing for to start this Be a GM.

I will be the GM of the Carolina Hurricanes and will be playing every game against a team with a created player. I will post a quick write up and picture of the guy from the game as well.

Atlanta will be moving to Winnipeg and be the Winnipeg Jets.

Florida will be moving to Quebec to become the Quebec Aces.

Phoenix will be moving to Seattle. Team name to be determined.

OS Created Players

Center Dominick Bellini (92 overall now, keeping stats) (thedudedominick) signed a deal with the Los Angeles Kings.

Center Jake White (75 Overall, starting as rookie) (yougo1000) signed an entry level contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Right Wing Robert Miller (91 overall now, keeping stats) (devo22) signed a deal with the Buffalo Sabres.

Left Wing Nathan MacDonald (90 overall now, keeping stats) (SENS_AK27) traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Staal and Niskanen.

Center Ryan Cooper (75 Overall, starting as a rookie) (GoldenJet) awaiting "the decision"

Defenseman Jasper Askola (90 Overall, keeping stats) (Weezer21) re-signed with Toronto.

Goalie Cleveland Steamer (90 Overall, keeping stats) (Hinchdogg) traded to Seattle for Ilya Bryzgalov and Mikkel Boedker.

Left Wing David Norton (75 Overall, rookie) (Moses Doughty) signed with the LA Kings.

Goalie Jean-Luc Cemec (75 Overall, rookie) (tdh23ab) drafted by his hometown team the Quebec Aces.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 06-02-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Re: Created Players Be a GM the Reboot (NHL 11)

NHL Re-Alignment

NHL Standings - Updated: Jan 1,
ATLANTICWLOTLPTS
Boston Bruins
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils
Washington Capitals
NORTHEASTWLOTLPTS
Quebec Aces
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres
SOUTHEASTWLOTLPTS
Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Columbus Blue Jackets
Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning
CENTRALWLOTLPTS
Minnesota Wild
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
St. Louis Blues
Nashville Predators
NORTHWESTWLOTLPTS
Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Canucks
Calgary Flames
Seattle
Winnipeg Jets
PACIFICWLOTLPTS
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

ASSOCIATED PRESS c All Rights Reserved

OHIO's MOST HATED PERSON

"I want out of this Sh$T Hole", was a direct quote from a breaking news story by Sportsnet a day after Columbus Blue Jackets were defeated by the St. Louis Blues in the 1st Round of the NHL Playoffs. The quote came from rising superstar Nathan MacDonald as he emerged from an office, in which he was having a very heated argument with head coach Scott Arniel.

Prior to that, there were rumors and speculation coming out of Columbus that up and coming superstar Nathan MacDonald was not pleased with how the team was performing and being coached all through their playoff run. It wasn't until that faithful meeting where MacDonald would deliver such a tantalizing sound bite to the media that it became abundantly clear there was a falling out between MacDonald and head coach Scott Arniel. It also became clear that this falling out had resulted in a torn locker room that is clearly divided.

With the media running with the story, and fans up in arms and demanding his head, the Blue Jackets management clearly had their hands forced on this issue, as there was no possible way to reconcile what damage had been done. MacDonald's recent attitude hasn't helped the team either, when during a Q & A after the loss, a reporter questioned MacDonald's heart; having no major championships to speak of during his hockey career, in which MacDonald responded "I ought to come down there and beat you, I am done here" before walking off the stage.

With the playoffs over though and the trade deadline lifted, the Columbus management clearly had a decision to make on what to do with the disgruntled star. In the end, Blue Jackets General Manger Scott Howson quietly decided to shop MacDonald around, looking for a suitor for the volatile, two way forward. Call it fate or ill played luck but MacDonald seemed to help his own cause when he went to play for Canada at the World Championships in Sweden/Finland. Paired with mega superstar Sidney Crosby, MacDonald took out his aggressions on opposing nations often punishing them with devastating checks and scoring timely goals. The instant chemistry that Crosby and MacDonald had on the ice was apparent and the duo lead Canada to World Championship Glory.

His play caught the attention of Penguins GM Ray Shero; who was always under the gun to find a suitable winger that can match Crosby's on ice vision and playmaking ability. After seeing the instant chemistry and the success they had and knowing he was being shopped, the only question then that concerned him was how much would it cost him; and so the two GM's would go on to butt heads on a reasonable deal. Much like Heatley forced the hand of Senators GM Bryan Murray, MacDonald may have forced the hand of Howson.

In the end Shero may have won out on the deal, giving away 3rd line Center and rising star Jordan Staal, and prospect defenseman Matt Niskanen. With the trade Columbus gets back some decent talent, but it will be hard for them to replace a two time 60 point scorer that may have contributed to the team's first ever divisional championship.

Meanwhile, Pittsburgh has bulked up with a team on paper that should dominate this year. With the conditional signing of enigmatic superstar Jarmoir Jagr for 1 more year the Pens boast a very potent 2 lines with the likes of: MacDonald, Crosby, Kovalev, Malkin, Neal, and Jagr. Not to mention a deep defense that includes Norris Candidate Chris Letang and steady goaltender MA Fleury.

Fate is funny however, and as fate will have it with the recent divisional realignment and the new look NHL, Columbus finds itself in the same division with Pittsburgh. That means 6 head to head games for the two clubs. Look for Columbus to welcome MacDonald back as Public Enemy # 1 and a chorus of boos. But perhaps that is just Karma's way of kicking you in the pants for your own arrogance. Expect for these teams to go to war with each other in what should be a great new rivalry in the NHL.
GLES - USC

Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

LOL, I should have made a NOT SINCE LEBRON STATEMENT in there somewheres.... poor OHIO always gets screwed over
GLES - USC

Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Kings Fans Disappointed Once Again, Ottawa Steals Bellini in Free Agency

-Center Dominick Bellini after being very open with his disappointment at the talent in Florida had made it very clear he would not be staying with the organization. He was quoted at the recent World Championships as saying, "Being around these guys here makes me realize just how bad we were in Florida. Teams were able to get their best defenders on our first line because no one else was a threat to score. I can promise you wont see me playing for Florida again next season."

After a disappointing early exit at the World Championships Bellini immediately became one of the most sought after free agents along with the fellow players in his draft class. Being from Las Vegas he grew up a Kings fan, and spent the first part of the offseason in Los Angeles seemingly working on a deal with the Kings. All signs pointed to Bellini heading to the Kings to play hockey.

The day before his press conference to announce where he was going to sign Bellini got a call that changed everything. He was told the Florida Panthers were moving to Quebec and would be moved into the Northeast division. Shortly after this call the Ottawa Senators offered him a contract for more money than the Kings. They also used the idea of playing more games against the franchise he was leaving to convince him that it was time for him to head up north.

Unfortunately for the Kings, Bellini did not tell them his new intentions. Here is his statement at the press conference.

"Thank you everyone for coming out today. I know you all love coming to the 100 degree weather in Vegas to talk to me. Well first off let me say my two years in Florida were two of the worst hockey seasons of my life. I am glad that they were moved to Quebec, where I will get to play them a lot every season with my new team, the Ottawa Senators."

After a short pause and the shocked reaction of the media Bellini continued.

"I know everyone was expecting me to sign with the Kings, and up until last night I had planned on being a King, but I cannot pass up the opportunity to punish the organization that refused to support me and bring in enough talent to win. I fully expect the Senators to become a contender, and I look forward to playing with Daniel Alfredsson and I'd imagine there are a few tricks him and a veteran center like Jason Spezza can teach me. Ottawa promised me they would open up the offense and let us play with skill, and we all know Terry Murray in LA coaches like this is still a pre-lockout league. It should be an exciting season, I plan on spending a lot of time on the ice and working out in Ottawa, because lets face it, I am against being outside in that weather up north."

The question is still out there for Bellini, can he play up to all this talking? He had two bad seasons in Florida, and now he will have to prove the people calling him a bust wrong. It will be much tougher on him now after his words the past few months, but if he plays up to his potential he could be one of the leagues most exciting players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick

"Thank you everyone for coming out today. I know you all love coming to the 100 degree weather in Vegas to talk to me. Well first off let me say my two years in Florida were two of the worst hockey seasons of my life. I am glad that they were moved to Quebec, where I will get to play them a lot every season with my new team, the Ottawa Senators."

After a short pause and the shocked reaction of the media Bellini continued.

"I know everyone was expecting me to sign with the Kings, and up until last night I had planned on being a King, but I cannot pass up the opportunity to punish the organization that refused to support me and bring in enough talent to win. I fully expect the Senators to become a contender, and I look forward to playing with Daniel Alfredsson and I'd imagine there are a few tricks him and a veteran center like Jason Spezza can teach me. Ottawa promised me they would open up the offense and let us play with skill, and we all know Terry Murray in LA coaches like this is still a pre-lockout league. It should be an exciting season, I plan on spending a lot of time on the ice and working out in Ottawa, because lets face it, I am against being outside in that weather up north."
OH SNAP!!! LOL
GLES - USC

Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

MILLER LEAVES "UNPROFESSIONAL" THRASHERS, SIGNS WITH BUFFALO SABRES

One Austrian sniper is not enough for the Buffalo Sabres. General Manager Darcy Regier won the race for right wing Robert Miller, one of the most chased free agents this summer. The deal is believed to be worth around six million Dollar per season, but the Sabres have not revealed details of the contract yet.

Miller has played three full seasons for the Atlanta Thrashers, the team that drafted him eighth overall three years ago. In 246 games, Miller scored 92 goals and 70 assists for the Thrashers, including a stunning campaign last year that saw him register 45 goals and secure a place on the roster for the annual All-Star Game.

However, Miller got increasingly fed up with the notoriously unsuccessful Thrashers team. The Thrashers had hoped that a move to Winnipeg and a promised spending spree would convince the star players to stay on the team, but in Miller's case, the fight was lost today when he announced his signing with Buffalo at a press conference. And Miller left the Thrashers with a bang, calling them a "notoriously unsuccessful franchise run by unprofessional and incapable maniacs."

----------------------------------------------------

Here is a transcript of Miller's press conference:

Miller: Thank you everybody for coming out today, I appreciate your time and interest. I am going to make this quick and direct: I have made a decision about my future, and I am very proud and happy to announce that I have signed a contract with the Buffalo Sabres.

I have been playing for quite a talented team in Atlanta. Guys like Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Evander Kane and many others are great players, and they don't deserve to be on such a notoriously unsuccessful franchise run by unprofessional and incapable maniacs. They have offered me several contract offers with a lot of money, but I for my part have decided to move on with my career. The unprofessionalism and the non-existing will to transform the Thrashers to a successful team have led to my decision. Move to Winnipeg? Fine, do it. Spend a lot this summer? Fine, do it. But do it without me, I am done with the Thrashers or whatever they will call themselves now. I finally want to reach the playoffs and win games.

I am very happy to sign with the Sabres. Buffalo has a very talented and successful team, enthusiastic fans and a very professional organisation. I am looking forward to give everything I can to this franchise, and I am thankful that they are willing to give me the opportunity. I want to thank owner Terry Pegula and general manager Darcy Regier for their trust, and I am looking forward to play under one of the league's most prolific coaches, Lindy Ruff. Playing with the likes of Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy and Tyler Myers is an honour and I can't wait to finally step on the ice with the team.

That is all for my part, feel free to ask questions now.

Reporter 1: Was fellow Austrian player Thomas Vanek a key figure in your decision?

Miller: I wouldn't say that, no. We have talked about it briefly on a few occasions, like last year's WC and this year's All-Star Game. He told me to come to Buffalo if I ever felt unhappy in Atlanta. But I didn't sign here only to play with Thomas, no. I just think that Buffalo is the right place for me right now. I can win a championship here, and that's what I want with every part of my body.

Reporter 2: Was the decision to leave Atlanta something that came abruptly or was it something you thought about for a while?

Miller: I always said that I am willing to play in Atlanta if the organisation is showing signs of moving in the right direction. But it seems the people there seem to be fine with losing. Well, I am not. I thought about leaving for quite some time, and the team knew it. The final decision came a few weeks ago when I met with Thrashers officials, and they couldn't convince me with their plans for the future. I then told them that I wouldn't sign a new contract and that I would in fact leave the club and talk to other teams.

Reporter 3: Was Buffalo the only team you were talking to?

Miller: No, there were five or six teams that were interested. Some of them offered more money, but money was not my priority. I had good talks with several teams, but ultimately, Buffalo seemed to be the best fit. I spoke to Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff before making a decision, and afterwards, it was easy to put my signature under the contract. Buffalo offered me the best package - a chance to win the cup and a proven hockey market where actually a lot of people come to the games. I was so tired of seeing the empty arena in Atlanta, I can tell you that.

Okay guys, that' it for today. Thanks for coming out.

Last edited by devo22; 06-01-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

KINGS FINALLY HIT JACKPOT, SIGN TOP UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT

In what is a huge addition to the Los Angeles Kings only days after being burned by Dominick Bellini, NCAA star David Norton signs with his homwtown team. The University of Denver's star hit 87 points last season off of 40 goals and 47 assists. A Hobey Baker and National Title winning sophmore season followed last season's 61 point campaign.

"This is a dream come true for me to play for the Los Angeles Kings", Norton said in today's press conference. "I feel amazing to have a chance to play with players like Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Williams, and Johnson. Let alone the chance to play in front of family and friends."

Dean Lombardi was reached for a comment soon after the announcement. "We are very happy that we were able to reach a deal with Norton, and we expect him to compete for a NHL spot at worst this season."

Details of the contract have yet to be announced, though it is rumored to be a 3 year deal worth 2.7 million(900k per). The deal may also have up to 2 million in yearly bonuses. In addition, the Kings might be able to send Norton to the AHL. If he doesn't make the roster and isn't AHL eligible, he will be sent to the Vancouver Giants who hold his rights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »