Home

Why can't we get in-game saves?

This is a discussion on Why can't we get in-game saves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Why can't we get in-game saves?

Perhaps this has been addressed, but I have not seen a sufficient answer. Last I heard it did not make the cut this year either.

Here is the thing:

For someone who has a full time job, has to bring work home, has a life, etc. in-games saves are an absolute must. I simply cannot sit down and play Madden for large chunks of time like I used to.

That said, I have not purchased Madden since 2008 because of the lack of this feature. Sure, I'll rent it, check it out during a slow weekend, but when life comes a knockin', Madden goes back to the video store, and I go back to my 2007 xbox franchise (because it has in-game saves).

Why can't this feature be implemented? It is not like the 360 has too little processing speed or disk space. It just blows my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why can't we get in-game saves?

thats one things i wanna know as well i just recently moved up from ps2 madden to a ps3 and that was one first things i noticed cause first game i played on my ps3 was madden 11 game and i had leave and i was like oh well i'll just save it come back to it pause game look to save it and nothing? i was like are u serious a system that's like 10 yrs older and u can save games and the ng system can't? i know alot of ppl are asking for this to be added back in as well because like me and u they have lives outside of madden or any video game and cant always get a full game in.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Didn't Ian Cummings two years ago say that they already programmed in the in-game save feature, but it was too big to put in the patch file and that Microsoft didn't allow such large of a file in a patch?

Anyways, that's the only thing that keeps me from purchasing Madden. It's difficult to produce similar stats to the league if you can only play 5-min quarters, while it takes too long to play one game of 8-min quarters or even 10-min ones in one sitting.

Last edited by franchise_player; 05-30-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

It'll be back eventually and be labeled a "cool new feature."

I miss it too sometimes. I might jump in a game to kill some time and be in the middle of a great one and have to head out, so I have to either leave the machine running till I get back and cut it off if I won't be back for a while.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise_player
Didn't Ian Cummings two years ago say that they already programmed in the in-game save feature, but it was too big to put in the patch file and that Microsoft didn't allow such large of a file in a patch?

Anyways, that's the only thing that keeps me from purchasing Madden. It's difficult to produce similar stats to the league if you can only play 5-min quarters, while it takes too long to play one game of 8-min quarters or even 10-min ones in one sitting.
Yeah, that is precisely my problem too. The game isn't fun if I cannot replicate at least somewhat realistic statistics. 9-10 minute quarters seem to work in terms of number of plays, but 9-10 minute quarters without save-points = a solid hour of gaming, and that is if I don't want to fiddle with the depth chart, check out the games from around the league, etc.

I do remember Ian saying something like that now. It really makes me wonder what the problem is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

good point ....old gen had it and it helped......as far as time....I just play at night when everyone goes to bed and I'm done with work for the day. Then I play a full game (or 2 or 3).....but it would help to be able to save.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I have always wanted in-game saves because it would be convenient and allow me to play a little longer game time. Is it a game breaker for me, absolutely not. I had to adjust my play schedule and now I actually play a little less, with most being on weekends (which isnt ideal, but I am over 30 now and I have otehr things in my life besides video games). I still enjoy playing so I keep buying the game regardless if this feature is in or out
Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

I to have wanted in game save for awhile. I will still get game as they know. I dont want to sim the rest of my game because the wife wants me to go shopping with her right this second!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »