Home

MLB 2K10 How to/when to use power hit

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10 How to/when to use power hit within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLB 2K10 How to/when to use power hit

Finally I have learned somewhat how to hit using the contact swing but for some reason every time i try and power swing i end up fouling off the pitch or hitting a weaker hit than if i would have used the contact swing. I have learned from reading a few threads online that you should treat it as if you were really swing a bat and press back and forward in a fluent motion as opposed to holding the bat back and then pressing forward when the pitch comes(which sounds easier to me lol) but for some reason I can not get this timing down... I pull back when he releases the pitch and press forward right before the pitch comes and 90% of the time = foul strait back. Please any suggestions are welcome!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K10 How to/when to use power hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek1124
Finally I have learned somewhat how to hit using the contact swing but for some reason every time i try and power swing i end up fouling off the pitch or hitting a weaker hit than if i would have used the contact swing. I have learned from reading a few threads online that you should treat it as if you were really swing a bat and press back and forward in a fluent motion as opposed to holding the bat back and then pressing forward when the pitch comes(which sounds easier to me lol) but for some reason I can not get this timing down... I pull back when he releases the pitch and press forward right before the pitch comes and 90% of the time = foul strait back. Please any suggestions are welcome!!!
I do the same. I just hold back and wait until I see the wind up before swinging normally. I haven't had any issues with swinging, it's all just timing. There was a week when I wasn't hitting at all and I realized I was swinging too early and not seeing the ball as well as I should. I adjusted and waited and was clobbering balls left and right.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Instead of waiting until he releases the pitch, start it a little earlier and try to press back right as his arm begins to come forward or slightly before.

Back in the day, they used to teach that when the pitcher shows you his back pocket, you show him yours...in other words, as soon as the pitcher gets to the peak of his leg kick (right before he delivers the ball), this is when you, as the hitter, should load up as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

This is the reason I like classic hitting, I only have to worry about timing, pitch type, placement and who Im hitting with.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Rookie

What i do is right when the pitch is released i pull back and then go forward. i have the season record of home runs in a season and it is like 78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Do drills. Without worrying about where the hit is going just try and power swing.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by not395
What i do is right when the pitch is released i pull back and then go forward. i have the season record of home runs in a season and it is like 78
What difficulty?

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »