Home

Post Patch Bug List from 2KForums. Need Help Confirming Bugs.

This is a discussion on Post Patch Bug List from 2KForums. Need Help Confirming Bugs. within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Post Patch Bug List from 2KForums. Need Help Confirming Bugs.

Hey guys,

Im preparing the post patch bug list for Ron2K. and I need help to confirm what I have listed, and add anything I missed.

If you see something missing, or worded incorrectly, let me know. If you see something that was fixed but still listed let me know that as well.

New bugs discovered post-patch

1-In the box scores summary in-game season totals always display as (0) when they should not. For example, if David Ortiz hits HR number 6 of the season... in the box score it should say "Ortiz HR 1(6)" But instead says "1(0)" This affects not just HR's but all stats.
2-In all games modes when you attempt to steal the CPU only tries to throw out the lead runner. So if you have guys on 1st and 3rd, and attempt to steal 2nd.. the CPU catcher will throw to 3rd even though that runner is just standing there. Meanwhile you get a free steal at 2nd.
3-People are reporting that DL injury time is not going down after playing a game. For example, your injured player has 6 days left on an injury. You play a full game, and the next day he still has 6 days left. When simming a game however injury time does go down properly. The only work-around is to send ALL injured players to AAA, since those games always get simmed when you play a MLB game.
4-During the draft you cannot sign all of your picks if you get compensation draft picks. For example if you do not re-sign free agents which gives you compensation draft picks and earn a total of 15 draft picks, you are able to draft 15 guys just fine, but when you go to sign them you are only able to sign 10 and assign them to teams. this forces you to leave the remaining 5 un-signed.
5-People are reporting that while fatigue has been fixed during franchise regular season, in POSTSEASON mode it is still bugged. Players fatigue does not go down after playing a game, but does while simming a game. So theoretically you could have your #1 pitcher pitch every game of the post season with 100% fatigue.
6-Pitchers are not being pinch hit for by CPU teams, even when loosing in later innings. When behind the CPU SHOULD often pinch hit for their pitchers up to bat. But they seldom do.
7-CPU batters do not lose energy properly. I have observed Brian McCann playing every game but energy level not going below 75--he is on course to play 162 games. Other CPU players I looked at also play every game with energy not going below 74.
8-In franchise mode players who come off the DL disappear and are gone from the LINEUP and ROTATION screens but are listed in the HEALTH screen with status "healthy." The only way to make them re-appear is to have the CPU auto-optimize your lineup. Or you can demote and immediately re-promote the player. Only then will he re-apparear in the lineup and rotation screens.
9-CHECK SWINGS ARE BROKEN, any check swing results in a strike being called. Even if the pitch was way out of the zone on a succesfull check swing. You will even hear the announcer say "oh he held up there" yet the the umpire always calls a strike. This has rendered check swings useless.
10-Pitcher's stats are not be updated in MLB Today for current 2011 season. So at the beginning of game the overlay for a pitcher shows all zeroes. Sometimes for a few select plays instead of zeroes some really crazy numbers are shown instead for stats. This also affects the league leaders reports.
11-Post patch with presentation on the cut scenes where the league leader boards pop up only display players or teams that are playing in the current game. For example in a Twins-Tigers game the pop up will come up for best averages in AL for the last 10 games and all it shows is the Twins and Tigers and three blank spots. This happens intermittently to me. Maybe 50% of the time. It didnt happen prior to the patch.

Remaining bugs not fixed by patch.

1-Shadow edges show "jaggies" and do not appear as smooth as the edges of player models. This is especially noticeable with the shadows on players faces from their ball-caps during afteroon games.
10-There are no ejections for hitting batters. You can still intentionally hit batter after batter and not get warned/ejected. This could be abused on-line by cheesers. No ejections now since 2K9.
12-In franchise mode when you call someone up from the minor leauges to the MLB level their faces morph into a generic random bald face, causing them to loose their real life appearance. In edit mode they still have their correct appearance, but on field they look different. This bug occurs whenever you call a A, AA, or AAA player to the MLB level during spring training or September call-ups. THIS BUG HAS BEEN IN THE GAME SINCE 2K9!!!! This bug has been reported extensively yet has never been fixed.
13-Injury stint time carries over from one season to the next when it should not. for example; if a player gets a 2 month injury with 1 month left in the season, he still has 1 month on his injury stint at the start of next season. It will say he is at 100% health, but if you try to put him on your MLB lineup you get a message "This player is on an injury stint for 1 more month." Players SHOULD fully heal from one season to the next.
16-Lineups are being adjusted in franchise mode even if you turn CPU lineup management to OFF when you play/sim games. The CPU should never adjust your lineup unless you turn auto management ON.
16b-The same is happening when a player gets injured mid game. When a player is injured in my Franchise I am not given the option to leave him in that game even if it is a minor injury. I am forced to bring in a sub for him. And when I get back into the menus after the game, the computer automatically puts the player on a DL stint without my authorization. With bugs 16 & 16b its almost as if turning AUTO MANAGEMENT OFF does not work.
18-When the CPU pinch runs for a pitcher who got on base, that runner is then standing on the mound pitching the next half innning. This bug has been in the game since 2K10
22-In NL games, the pitcher always bats in the 9 spot. You should be able to put the pitcher slot anywhere in the batting rotation you want right before a game. This has been a problem since 2K9.
23-When a batter (either on CPU or USER team) pops up/grounds out for an easy out, he slowly trots to first base... But if an error happens while gathering the ball, he doesnt speed up to get to 1st like he should. He just keeps slowly trotting and then gets thrown out.
27-Not a glitch really; but since I'm scared of games freezing I often save mid-game. However each time you must SAVE and QUIT. There should be an option to just SAVE!
33-Generated pitcher rookies in draft are sometimes generated having a Change-up that is FASTER than their fastball.

When posting a possible bug/glitch please include;
BUG SUMMARY:
GAMING SYSTEM:
GAME MODE:

Last edited by kpkpkp; 05-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Post Patch Bug List from 2KForums. Need Help Confirming Bugs.

BUG SUMMARY: Occasionaly, when the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher from behind the plate, it will morph through the pitcher's glove and be thrown behind him like a wild throw.
GAMING SYSTEM: Xbox 360
GAME MODE: Franchise (Astros)

(Sigh) This list is depressing. I'm seriously considering trading this game in...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There is still a lack of errors and the user makes zero throwing errors in the game. The error sliders need a lot more power.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Summary of bug: After making the team at the end of season one, your team budget will automatically reset to 65 million regardless of team causing the team to lose several dozen players and/or unable to sign any new players.

Game Mode you were playing: My Player

What happened to trigger it? Rolling into season two from season one.

Can you reproduce it? If so, how?: Playing a pitcher in the Giants, Yankees and Dodgers has triggered this bug so far. It has also occurred from year 2 to year 3 when I was with the Dodgers.

Video/Picture proof: N/A

This happened pre-patch as well. PC version if that makes a difference.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
There is still a lack of errors and the user makes zero throwing errors in the game. The error sliders need a lot more power.
I've made several throwing errors in games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk
I've made several throwing errors in games
Seriously? I've made one throwing error in my dynasty.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Yep, although I have the sliders set so that it's harder to be accurate, usually it's when I try to rush a throw from SS or 3B to 1B and it goes into the red and goes wild
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I see throwing errors, but the thing is they only happen when I'm in the red on the throwing meter. they should still happen in the green sometimes too....

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-26-2011 at 11:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »