Home

I Love This Game

This is a discussion on I Love This Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I Love This Game

First off, I'd like to say thanks to SCEA and the Developers for all their hard work. Also, to Knight and company for the amazing rosters. This game is by far the best and most realistic game game I've played in 20+ years of gaming!

I tried something different this year with my Mets Franchise. I'm following the schedule as close as possible (one day behind, using the same players who played the day before IRL), making the same roster moves as IRL, and trying to get as close to real life stats as possible. I seam to have my sliders, player attributes, and settings nailed down as all my players' AVG's, HR's and ERA's are spot on compared to Real Life player stats with a few exceptions. The only not realistic stat in my Franchise is the number of games my team wins because I seem to squeak out a lot of wins by just a single run or in extra innings. Every 40 games I plan to do minor tweaks to player attributes to keep stats mirroring the players real life stats.

It's amazing to me how much my Franchise mimics real life, it almost seams as if the game is tapped into MLB's website and knows what happened in that game IRL. I've brought in a pitch hitter in the same inning as IRL and hit a HR, just as that player did IRL the day before. I have pitchers who struggle in games and certain innings, just as they did the day before IRL. Just amazing.

Sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has worked on this game. It's an amazing product and I look forward to purchasing future versions of this game.

Perry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I Love This Game

It's nice to see through all the dregs here that someone genuinely likes this game for what it is. The Show is a GREAT game, the best sports game in my opinion. What many people forget is, a game is only what you make of it. Think of the sport in general, during the early years of baseball many man were chastised for playing a "child's game," but they continued to play the game they loved despite the jeers and look at what it has become...

Many people on these boards, for better or worse, express their opinions (it is a message board, after all.) Many times though those opinions are rash decisions after limited play through and outcomes they have experienced. They only serve to belittle what developers, people here at OS and genuine fans like yourself have made, which is a GREAT baseball game.

Overall, thank you for this post. It's a nice reprieve from the normal crap people write to get attention around here. Glad you enjoy it so much!

PS- That is such a weird way of playing the game, but hey, to each their own. As long as you are having fun, go for it! haha
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I love this game too. I'm about a day or two behind the Reds schedule, but it makes it a little extra fun to see how they played in real life, then to go see how I fare against the opposition on the virtual diamond. And to compare how my players are performing compared to their real life counterparts. Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I do too, but I don't know some of you guys do it....I've had MLB 10 since it dropped and I'm just now getting to within a week of the All-Star Break. I guess I'll be buying MLB 12 and skipping 11!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4

I can dig it.
I love seeing how certain match ups play out compared to real life.
A few too many home runs for my speedy infield guys who have single digit HR power IRL, but overall a very accurate reflection.
One thing I do not get is how some people like to implement all the roster moves and transactions throughout the year.
Trade deadline decisions for instance are based largely on playoff contention so it really doesn't make sense to me to mirror those things if the standings are different in your franchise than they are in real life.
Maybe a players gets sent to AAA because he is under-performing in real life.
But what if he is tearing it up hitting .300 in your franchise? Does he get sent to AAA just because his .190 hitting real life counterpart did?
Doesn't make much sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
I can dig it.
I love seeing how certain match ups play out compared to real life.
A few too many home runs for my speedy infield guys who have single digit HR power IRL, but overall a very accurate reflection.
One thing I do not get is how some people like to implement all the roster moves and transactions throughout the year.
Trade deadline decisions for instance are based largely on playoff contention so it really doesn't make sense to me to mirror those things if the standings are different in your franchise than they are in real life.
Maybe a players gets sent to AAA because he is under-performing in real life.
But what if he is tearing it up hitting .300 in your franchise? Does he get sent to AAA just because his .190 hitting real life counterpart did?
Doesn't make much sense.
I'm one of these guys who mirrors real-life, only I do the injuries and let the CPU pick who they want to replace them. I also do the releasing, trading and signing of players.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is my first year owning this series so forgive me if it's already possible, but based on alot of the discussion on here it doesn't appear to be... Is there anyway that the developers could somehow make it where you can import your ongoing franchise from MLB The Show 2011 into The Show 2012 for next year? I think that would be really cool if possible that way you don't have to start over every year with your franchises.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by morecali778
This is my first year owning this series so forgive me if it's already possible, but based on alot of the discussion on here it doesn't appear to be... Is there anyway that the developers could somehow make it where you can import your ongoing franchise from MLB The Show 2011 into The Show 2012 for next year? I think that would be really cool if possible that way you don't have to start over every year with your franchises.
I think EVERY sports game needs this feature. I'm 4 seasons + playoffs and I play EVERY game, so that's 100+ games a season into my Be a Pro on NHL 10 and didn't buy 11 because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »