Home

St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

This is a discussion on St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

-I decided to go with the Blues for this dynasty as they are a team I have never used, but I like the players they have. I will be playing more games the further into the dynasty I get but the first couple years will be mostly simming with monthly updates. This is also going to allow all of our players to develop before I start seeing them in games for and against me.

While my goal is to win a lot with the Blues, most of my writeups until playoff time will be focused on our players.

-Custom All-Star Sliders
-Hard GM difficulty

Post-Draft write up will be focused on our created players. After that is posted feel free to write your players press release regarding where and who drafted them.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Re: St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

Draft Recap

1st Overall Pick Edmonton Oilers
Goalie Cleveland Steamer Seattle Thunderbirds
-Steamer is a butterfly goalie with good size and athleticism in net. He has shown while playing in Seattle that he is reliable from the beginning to end of the season. He rarely sits out of a game and is still as strong at the end of the season as he is at the beginning. He needs work on his rebound control and shot recovery as he has struggled with this in the past. He also struggles more than others when there is traffic in front of him.
Unsigned by the Oilers, sent back to Seattle

2nd Overall Pick Toronto Maple Leafs
Defenseman Jasper Askola Jokerit
-Askola is an Offensive Defenseman who has a great slap shot for his age, and sees the ice very well. He was an asset to the powerplay for Jokerit with his ability to shoot pass the puck. He was among the leaders in the league in points for a defenseman. He is not overly physical, and his play in the defensive zone needs a lot of improvement.
Entry Level Contract, Second Pairing for Toronto Marlies

3rd Overall Pick Florida Panthers
Center Dominick Bellini Södertälje SK
-The Panthers selected the playmaking center who played the past season with Södertälje SK. The American Center is great at cycling the puck and finding passing lanes. He has the quickness the scouts love, but struggles to hold his own in the defensive zone. His shot also leaves a lot to be desired.
Entry Level Contract, 4th line for Rochester Americans

4th Overall Pick Columbus Blue Jackets
Left Wing Nathan MacDonald Portland Winterhawks
-The Blue Jackets drafted solid Two-Way winger Nathan MacDonald. While not great at any one thing, he is a player with very little glaring weaknesses. He is an asset on the PK and can generate offense from time to time. He is responsible in the defensive end and can handle any assignment given to him by his team. Has had some battles with rival Seattle, and the number one overall pick.
Unsigned, Sent Back to Portland

5th Overall Pick New York Islanders
Right Wing Michael Morrow Oshawa Generals
-The Islanders picked the undersized playmaking winger, who has all the offensive skills to be succesful, but can he stay durable with his size. Defensively he struggles, but does a good job of staying in position and trying to take away passing lanes. Expects to finish among the leading assist getters again for the Generals.
Entry Level Contract, Sent Back to Oshawa

6th Overall Pick Tampa Bay Lightning
Center Jake White Saginaw Sprit
-The Lightning add even more depth at the center position with sniper Jake White. He has lit up the CHL with his goal scoring ability. He is a force on the offensive end, but really struggles defensively. If he wants to become a superstar in the NHL he will need to really improve on his defense, or develop into an elite pure scorer.
Entry level Contract, Sent Back to Saginaw

7th Overall Pick Carolina Hurricanes
Right Wing Ben Ortegel Lewiston MAINEiacs
-The Hurricanes picked up a solid sniper in Ben Ortegel. He has the ability to score from anywhere in the offensive zone and is a good passer. He struggles defensively, and is a bit undersized. He will need to add a lot of strength to his game to be effective at the next level.
Entry Level Contract, Sent Back to Lewiston

8th Overall Pick Atlanta Thrashers
Right Wing Robert Miller Chilliwack Bruins
-The Thrashers draft a big Power Forward in Miller to help bring some physicality to the team. He has a powerful shot, just needs to work on the accuracy. He was known to gain momentum for his team through big hits. While he has the size, he is not an amazing skater and will need to work on his speed and agility to become truly effective in the NHL. Some work on deflections is also needed if he wants to land a spot on the powerplay for the Thrashers.
Entry Level Contract, 4th line Atlanta Thrashers

We await the press releases from the players and their agents regarding the draft.

(Side note. Probably not too many updates from this first season as most of us are in the juniors again. I will post an all-star break update and end of the season update on the guys who are playing NHL/AHL hockey. End of the season will be my year review for the Blues as well. Just want to get through this first season today.)

Last edited by thedudedominick; 05-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

WTF? I'm not signed? So now do I rot in Free Agency?
GLES - USC

Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
WTF? I'm not signed? So now do I rot in Free Agency?
They have your rights until you are 20 or 21. Probably just a full roster for now.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Ah, can you trade for me please?
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Hinchdogg's Arena

OVR: 2

STEAMER STEAMED WITH NEW TEAM

SEATTLE - The top pick in the 2010 NHL Draft, Edmonton Oilers goaltender Cleveland Steamer, was not signed to an entry level contract, forcing him to return to Seattle and another season in the WHL. With a handful of goalies already on the roster, one wonders why the Oilers would have made the pick. Steamer was not pleased with the Oilers' decision but has high expectations in what he hopes is his final season in the WHL.
"I really wonder why they wasted a pick on me if they had no intention of making an offer," said Steamer, who hopes Edmonton will wake TF up and cut Martin Gerber from AHL. "This is why the Oilers franchise is a joke and nobody takes them seriously anymore. And they wonder why they have the top pick every year......"
Because the braintrust at EA Sports decided CHL seasons weren't worth tracking during BAGM mode, we can only hope Steamer has a good enough season in Seattle to warrant a contract offer come next year.
But until then, Steamer remains steadfast in his disappointment.
"I mean, if I was in their shoes, I'd just fold the franchise now," he said. "They're obviously headed nowhere (currently), and maybe someday I can help them crawl out from the rock they're living under."
NFL-Seattle Seahawks
Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Ah, can you trade for me please?
Teams aren't willing to budge and give up these players.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Michael Morrow: I came here with great expectations, and New York made my day when they offered me an entry level contract. I was hoping to get a shot the NHL, but I guess with my size I'll need to keep working in the OHL to get better. Might even snag the Memorial Cup this year.

Reporter: Do you think they'll call you up when the season is over?

Michael Morrow: Depends on the situation, how I performed, if I'm healthy. I'm hoping to prove that I can make it the NHL, despite being a fairly small player. But I'm hoping to be like St. Louis. Small, but speedy and smart.

Reporter: There is a lot of speculation about how your size will affect your play. Do you think it'll play a role in your spot?

Michael Morrow: It all depends about the situation, you know. Of course, your size always dictates your style of play. But people thought that Gretzky was undersized, and he's the greatest player to step onto the ice. It all depends on how skilled you are, and how you're going to play the game.

Reporter: Do you have any idea what you might do if hockey doesn't work out.

Michael Morrow: Can't answer that because hockey will work out, and I'm going to rise above the criticism. I may be small now, but give it a good year at the gym, without worrying about school, and long practices. You'll see me better then.
CFL: Saskatchewan Roughriders

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »