Home

Whats up with the Stats

This is a discussion on Whats up with the Stats within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1
Whats up with the Stats

I just recently got my 1st version of the show. Over all the game is solid but who signed of on the way stats are done. Baseball is a lot about stats vs stats. What happened to career stats? In franchise mode during games and at pregames you cant see players cards or opponents team line ups?...why????????? It would be so easy to allow the end user to see players cards during game play.

I cant even scout other teams in a logical efficient manner. 2k11 does the stats way better then the show and 2k11 has their own issues.

Why would mlb11 do this in such a piss poor way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Whats up with the Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
...Why would mlb11 do this in such a piss poor way?
Because they hate you.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I just recently got my 1st version of the show. Over all the game is solid but who signed of on the way stats are done. Baseball is a lot about stats vs stats. What happened to career stats? In franchise mode during games and at pregames you cant see players cards or opponents team line ups?...why????????? It would be so easy to allow the end user to see players cards during game play.

I cant even scout other teams in a logical efficient manner. 2k11 does the stats way better then the show and 2k11 has their own issues.

Why would mlb11 do this in such a piss poor way?
Did you try hitting select when playing?
Doesnt that give you enough stats?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

Hate is such a strong word!

The select button gives you minimal stats at best! What about strength and weakness against certain pitches. I have actually heard on occasion one of the announcers make references to the scout reports and how I must of seen it because of the way I was pitching to the hitter. I ask want scouting report??

How about stats about situations...bases loaded 2 outs, stuff like that. Life time vs pitcher or pitcher vs batter, etc, etc.

Baseball match ups is about stats vs stats not average vs era and power only. The stats system is way closer to arcade at best. The show was advertised as a baseball simulation. humm

Dont get me wrong, I love the game play...I like to play the stats not just go by average vs era.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw2k
Did you try hitting select when playing?
Doesnt that give you enough stats?
Also, i believe for .99 cents, you can buy the advance stat pack from the PSN store. It has pretty exhaustive list of stats.

Might want to get that to get your stat fix.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

I have to agree with the OP here. This game is definitely on the short side with stats. Even the .99 stats add-on thing doesn't really help, because all of the important stats/splits are still missing.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I made a suggestion in the wishlist forum to add a lineup card, one that would give you access to everything a manager would want/need. Hopefully they'll add it, or something like it, to next year's game.

It sucks managing a game with a team you're not familiar with, because there's no real way to find out information about a guy you have on the bench... Or at least there is no real way to find out information all the time... Because the stats and/or attributes aren't always shown.

They seemed to make an effort to remedy this problem compared to last year's version, but they need to go all out and give full access to stats and attributes whenever you want... So you can actually manage a game properly.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Couldn't agree more with the OP. They do stats in the Show series like they do in the EA NHL series. One of the reasons I turned to 2k11 for PC instead of the show this year.

They only show about 10-12 of the "important" stats and only have about 3-4 years of previous seasons on the player card along with career totals. 2K on the other hand basically has mlb.com worth of stats. It's the little things sometimes. Like in 2K they label the team played for in the previous seasons while the show doesn't. That kind of irks me. The show also lacks options to view past award winners, past season records, etc...

I'm not going to blather on but the point is, I hope next year they revamp the stats to the degree they revamped the graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »