Home

Player-Lock / Defensive Reverse Cam Petition

This is a discussion on Player-Lock / Defensive Reverse Cam Petition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Player-Lock / Defensive Reverse Cam Petition

Will we see the Player-Lock camera on D that we've had in NCAA the past two years? This would be huge, imo. I really love using Player-Lock and the fact that the camera flips to behind the player you are locked on to really freshens up playing defense.

Let's make it happen with a patch current supporters:

DJ
Aggies7
SkyBoxer
Spike83
blitzburgh
Anaxamander
JLL84
Jd_Seven
Brady2OcHo4TD
m-dogg
frankstallone83
JDoze
slthree
GGEden
RawDeal28
BenVenom
NikeBlitz
unBEARable
Dylan Marshall
RumbleStud
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

Last edited by Aggies7; 08-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
re: Player-Lock / Defensive Reverse Cam Petition

I would love it too, but they already came out with the presentation blog and nothing about camera lock.

Who knows, maybe E3?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

agree thats why i dont play head to head
online team mode makes u play from that view which i love
just wish head to head or franchise mode had that camera view and
now ea going take it out team play heard about that in one ea twitter it said it even i dont have a twitter account

player lock is needed
Old 05-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anybody asked a Madden dev directly about this? I am not so much concerned about the camera view as I am about the player lock feature being added. Does Madden 11 allow a user to switch to a WR and let the CPU control the QB? If not, we need player lock.

I just sat here a minute ago and realized how much I want this feature. Me and my friend play franchise together and we always control the CPU teams that each other play against, every week. I hate that we end up trying to make CPU teams play the same way as our user teams.

Player lock would allow me to have a minimal influence on CPU teams, by just controlling ONE on field offense/defensive position/player, never the QB, the whole game. Plus, I would just use Gameflow so the CPU Team would execute their preset Gameplan.

I really want this added BACK! LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisedjase
agree thats why i dont play head to head
online team mode makes u play from that view which i love
just wish head to head or franchise mode had that camera view and
now ea going take it out team play heard about that in one ea twitter it said it even i dont have a twitter account

player lock is needed
Wait, forget player lock, EA IS TAKING OUT ONLINE TEAM PLAY?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

If that's true, well, I'll probably never play online. I just don't like playing online 1v1. If I want to play 1v1, I'll play the CPU. Online head-to-head doesn't feel like online. Multiple people, as in more than 2, is a big part of online for me, because most of what I play online is shooters.

Besides that, football is a TEAM SPORT, and OTP is probably the closest we will get to 11v11 online football in quite some time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Road to Glory camera would RADICALLY improve the feeling of authenticity in Superstar mode. The camera angle in NCAA makes you feel like you are TRULY, on the field. After playing as a FS for Cal all four years and getting drafted by Miami, to find that the RTG camera angle STILL hadn't been added to Madden had to be one of my most DISAPPOINTING Madden moments ever. You had me sold on your RPG mode and then Madden blew it.

I wonder if EA knows how much the player-lock for Madden will improve the game as a whole. It is really, "Superstar Mode" for hardcore Madden fans. Especially combining it with NCAA; it is the most complete single player experience football gaming has to offer: the ability to draft players from your NCAA dynasty, going where YOU SHOULD GO in the draft, as well as allowing the players to customize their dynasty/franchise as they see fit.

EA, help yourselves out; add player-lock to Madden and create the most immersible football RPG ever,... without even really knowing it,... apparently.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

one thing i always wanted to be able to do, in madden and ncaa, is play defense from the "god" view only flipped around. i feel like it would be more realistic since youd be facing the offense instead of playing from the same view you play offense on. just my 2 cents
Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would love it too, but they already came out with the presentation blog and nothing about camera lock.

Who knows, maybe E3?
If that's the E3 selling point I'm done lol

I personally don't like it, if I want player lock I'd play superstar mode, I like using different people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »