Home

Head Coach Formation Guide

This is a discussion on Head Coach Formation Guide within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Head Coach Formation Guide

As a distraction while I continue working on the English 2014 Draft guide - yes, it's coming - I offer a spreadsheet I whipped up over the weekend for the different team's offensive playbooks.

So far in my careers, I've always used a Packers playbook, in some fashion. But there are formations that I don't like/use that much that I can't delete from the Packers because they're hard-coded. (Personally I'm not much for 5-wide.) I wanted to know what playbook(s) I might use for future careers that eliminate those and allow me to add others that I'd prefer, so I went hunting.

Future versions of this spreadsheet may involve inventorying the college coach playbooks, as well as the defensive side. But for now, if you want a reference on who uses what formations at career starts, this is what I've got to offer. I hope you find it interesting and useful.

(FYI - my next career will probably involve a heavily-modified Payton Spread Attack offense. I appreciate every formation in it, with the exception of Gun Normal Offset Weak - and I think I can kill those plays if I want to.)

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HC Formation Guide.xls.zip (11.4 KB, 860 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Head Coach Formation Guide

This is some helpful information. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice to see other active players. Keep up the good work Ebongreen. I'm currently using your sliders. It's still not perfect, but it's a definite improvement. It's nice to be able to run it and have to worry about the run defensively.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Thanks Damon and Jim. Jim, I saw your post in the sliders forum, but didn't really have much to say/add. I'm glad you find them an improvement overall.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

What do you mean hard coded?

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
What do you mean hard coded?
You can't delete them from the playbook when you make a custom playbook-they're core plays of the playbook. I ran into this a few times myself.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I've actually found that the hard-coded plays change to some degree each time you create a new playbook.

I've also found that if you go in and add plays before you take out any of the preset plays, sometimes you can drop plays that you wouldn't otherwise be able to drop.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sure this is a silly question... How do you add any formations to a playbook? I have tried several ways but I am stuck with a playbook that has the running formations I want or one with the passing formations. I cant find any that have exactly what I'm looking for. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »