Home

Am I the only one that has these problems

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that has these problems within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

virgil's Arena

OVR: 4
Am I the only one that has these problems

First off, let me give you some background. I've played every 2K baseball games released. I play atleast 2 full seasons of franchise every year. I've pitched a perfect game and put up runs in the upper 30's. I only say this so that I don't hear any "you're just new to the game and there is a learning curve."

With that being said, I can barely get through a single game without wanting to rip the disc out. Here's what i'm running into, yet don't seem to see anyone else having these problems, which is equally frusturating:

1) Players will throw the ball to the wrong base, consistently. And no, I'm not hitting buttons ahead of time. I have missed so many double plays or simple ground ball outs because they throw the ball to home. It's infuriating to have an easy out given away.

2) Homeruns being snagged by the other team. Atleast 2 a game where they perform some awesome wall climb. And on the replays, the player somehow magically phases through the wall.

3) Balls-Strikes. I have so many pitches that, while on the corner, is clearly in the strike zone box, and get called Balls. It's really pathetic how often. If this is meant to be a reflection of sometimes having a bad ump, then how do you turn it off.

4) Ground ball double plays to my SS. I want to run the ball over second and then have the SS throw to 1st. The guy just glitches out trying to run over the bag and I miss both outs. Once, he threw the ball to the 2nd baseman on his own.

5) Opposing hitting. I'm just plain getting lit up. The other teams are putting balls in play that are almost impossible to hit. In key situations, I will intentionally put the ball in the dirt only to have the other team slap the ball into the opposite field.

That's all I got. But those 5 things are completely ruining the game for me. Anyone else having anything close to this happening to them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one that has these problems

1) I use Classic batting and pitching so that issue is pretty much non existent.

2) Yes, I also get that one quite often.

3) I've seen the same thing. The game seems to be designed that way to emulate bad calls from umpires. There is no way to turn it off. I recall some other baseball games that did have an option to turn off variable calls from umpires so that they always made a correct call. I accept the bad calls as a representative of real baseball.

4) I don't do that so nothing for me to say here. What I do get is sometimes a delay before throwing to first on a double play.

5) Yes, that also bugs me when CPU batters get hits off pitches that are way out of the zone-and sometimes able to pull them when away outside. It amazes me how often CPU batters hit a splitter down and out of the zone. It also amazes me how easy it is for the CPU batters to hit a 99+ fastball.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

from MY experience i can really only relate to your last point about how frustrating that is, but it can be fixed.

1. this NEVER happens to me. just to preface this whole post i've played about 40 user games in my franchise.

2. this also RARELY happens to me. after 40+ games i sit 2nd in the AL in homeruns with my blue jays (so i def hit them out a lot) and i've maybe been robbed 4 or 5 times. i agree though the animation is pathetic lol.

3. personally, i absolutely love this, and think it's much more realistic. in fact if it were more realistic you'd see it MUCH worse (ie. balls a half foot off the plate getting called strikes at times, etc). but really imo not sure why this would be frustrating really. it plays to your benefit as much as it hurts you.

4. i don't get that glitch and run it over often.

5. yeah this one can frustrate me a lot at times. it's hard finding the mix in the sliders to make this realistic. right now i have CPU contact at 40, but often times that doesn't stop them, so i'll turn it down to 35, then some games they can't touch the ball and i can rack up 15+ strikeouts a game. it's very frustrating at times. but i've found at contact 40, with my pitch speed at 80, does a decent job of keeping them to 8-12 hits a game.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

1) Is your right joystick off center? If it is pointed down any, then it may be automatically throwing home. I really never have this problem and I throw with both the joystick and buttons.

2) I have seen one robbed animation in over 50+ games, if not 60 or 70+

3) Its realistic to me. I had a series against the Nationals. Anything that was not completely over the plate was a ball. Very next series against the Brewers, anything that clips the plate is a strike. I've also had games where the umpire was inconsistent with his calls. It happens for me and the CPU, so it doesn't hurt me, and it is realistic to me.

4) Don't know what you are saying really, but I never have had any problems with turning two.

5) I have seen this sometimes, but not too often. I have had some hits where I thought I should not have. Not really a problem to me either.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil
First off, let me give you some background. I've played every 2K baseball games released. I play atleast 2 full seasons of franchise every year. I've pitched a perfect game and put up runs in the upper 30's. I only say this so that I don't hear any "you're just new to the game and there is a learning curve."

With that being said, I can barely get through a single game without wanting to rip the disc out. Here's what i'm running into, yet don't seem to see anyone else having these problems, which is equally frusturating:

1) Players will throw the ball to the wrong base, consistently. And no, I'm not hitting buttons ahead of time. I have missed so many double plays or simple ground ball outs because they throw the ball to home. It's infuriating to have an easy out given away.

2) Homeruns being snagged by the other team. Atleast 2 a game where they perform some awesome wall climb. And on the replays, the player somehow magically phases through the wall.

3) Balls-Strikes. I have so many pitches that, while on the corner, is clearly in the strike zone box, and get called Balls. It's really pathetic how often. If this is meant to be a reflection of sometimes having a bad ump, then how do you turn it off.

4) Ground ball double plays to my SS. I want to run the ball over second and then have the SS throw to 1st. The guy just glitches out trying to run over the bag and I miss both outs. Once, he threw the ball to the 2nd baseman on his own.

5) Opposing hitting. I'm just plain getting lit up. The other teams are putting balls in play that are almost impossible to hit. In key situations, I will intentionally put the ball in the dirt only to have the other team slap the ball into the opposite field.

That's all I got. But those 5 things are completely ruining the game for me. Anyone else having anything close to this happening to them?
I can say that I do not experience any of the problems you're having. It sounds like you have a bad controller if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil

I've had the same thing happen to me, but not consistently. I know it's not the controller. When it does happen, seems to me the CPU wants to get a rally going. In my case, this is, fortunately, a rare occurrence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »