Home

Almost a no no

This is a discussion on Almost a no no within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-06-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Almost a no no

Playing my franchise I just pitched a 1 hit ,8 strikeout performance by cc sabathia .. Luke Scott broke it in the 7th with a double !!
How many of u guys have pitched a perfect game? And what difficulty and gameplay pitching type?
Man that was fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Almost a no no

Nice, you still playing on Legend?

I don't remember throwing or no-no or a perfect game past probably the SNES era with like Griffey baseball. I do remember last year having perhaps the most dominant pitching performance (in recent memory) with King Felix on Legend, I somehow Ked 15 hitters which I thought was impossible on Legend; I don't think I ever struck out 10 more on Legend outside of that game. It was kinda like that Kerry Wood game where he struck out 20, and that was the most dominant pitching performance I have ever seen even though it wasn't a no-no.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
That's awesome ! 15 ks wow! Most I ever k'd in one game was 11 , well done dude !!
Ya I'm still playing on legend, I stuck with it and practiced more.. Getting better results now , Its the most rewarding !!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

I threw a no no in double A on Legend Classic pitching, wasnt perfect but I been playin this game for 4 years and had never done it so it was still sweet.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
That's awesome ! 15 ks wow! Most I ever k'd in one game was 11 , well done dude !!
Ya I'm still playing on legend, I stuck with it and practiced more.. Getting better results now , Its the most rewarding !!
Cool, Legend pitching is definitely a realistic possibility this year. You just gotta, I guess, understand the CPU batting AI to a decent degree and be pretty good (not great) with the right stick. If you throw a changeup (or offspeed pitch) outside, you can almost always come inside with a good fastball (it just has to be on the inner 3rd) and the CPU will almost always be late on it (it's basically an easy strike with very little risk). I would not have recommended Legend pitching to anyone in the last 2 years.

I checked like 2 or 3 times that game to see if I was on Legend because I just felt so dominant. I never had another game anywhere close to that, and later on I settled with Classic pitching on HOF (in 10) since Meter pitching was just too accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I went 6 2/3 with CJ Wilson the other day against the A's when it was cheaply broken up by Cliff Pennington with a bunt down the 3rd baseline! Needless to say he got some chin music in his next plate appearance.

I've gone 6 1/3 on two occasions with Alexi Ogando but they were broken up the right way.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

beat this...i threw a perfect game with ricky romero, and lost...how you ask? well when you suck at hitting and cant score any runs in the first 9 innings its only a matter of time before the cpu grease some runs across in extra innings
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

I was perfect with Lincecum against the Reds through 6 complete. First batter of the 7th hits a 'can of corn' fly ball to center that Rowand misses for a 3 base error. Sac fly and the Reds are leading 1-0 without benefit of a hit.

I ended up winning 2-1 in extras...Lincecum gave up 2 hits in the 8th and ended up with a no-decision.

Closest I've been in recent memory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »