Home

baserunning

This is a discussion on baserunning within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
baserunning

I am playing on the default baserunning. lets say i have a runner on 2nd and 3rd and their is a fly ball hit how do i only control the runner on the 3rd so i can make sure tags up to run home. everytime i try and advance him i end up being caught in a double play cause the guy on 2nd would never tag up

also if i have a runner on first and 3rd how do i just make the guy on first steal?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: baserunning

to get them to tag up you push the R1 button, this will make them go back to the base they came from.
to steal with only one runner you point at that runner with the left stick and push the L2 button.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

^ That is not correct.

To control only a single baserunner, you simply have to target them and then press the appropriate button, for the base you wish to send them to. To make things easier, assign general controls before specific ones. If you only want one runner to advance, make sure you press R1 first, just to be on the safe side.

Use the left analog stick to target a base runner (if they are between two bases, press in the direction of their previous base). Down is Home (the batter), Right is 1st, Up is 2nd, and Left is 3rd. In RTTS mode these may be reversed, depending on your options.

After you have targeted a runner, simply press the appropriate base icon, for their target base. For example, if the guy is on third and you want him to tag up and run home, then home would be your target base. "X" is Home, Circle is 1st, Triangle is 2nd, and Square is 3rd.

That's it! It's not as complex as it looks, I just tried to be thorough. You should get the hang of it rather quickly.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just one thing to add to Bob's response.

When you are targeting individual runners, take a look at the small display of bases and runners in the upper portion of your screen...if you have targeted a runner for manual control (as Bob has described above) that particular runner's circle will be pulsing--so you have a visual indication of which runner will be responding the buttons that you press.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Can someone tell me how to do this:

whent he bases are loaded, how do you make the guys on 2nd and 3rd tag but the guy on first stay at first? the only way I have been able to do it is highlight the guy at third and send him and then highlight the guy at 2nd to send him. That runs a high risk of getting my guy thrown out at 3rd so can you highlight 2 guys at once?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

1. Target the guy on 1st.

2. Press L1 to send all runners when the ball is caught.

3. Press Circle to return the targeted runner to his base.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
1. Target the guy on 1st.

2. Press L1 to send all runners when the ball is caught.

3. Press Circle to return the targeted runner to his base.
ah perfect. cant believe I never thought of that LOL!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »