Home

Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers...

This is a discussion on Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers...

Hey guys, first of all this thread goes out to only those people using the O.S.F.M Opening Day Rosters...

Can we please start a list of all of those pitchers who "glitch" pitch? What I mean by this is when pitchers throw the ball later than intended, where the ball sort of morphs out of their hand. Those who know what I am talking about, KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT lol. It's infuriating to face a pitcher, especially a starter, who throws like this. I don't know why it happens, maybe height change, maybe windup change, I don't know, but please let's start a list of the pitchers that you have seen this "glitch" with so we can manual change their windups...

I will start (anyone you notice doing this, please list their name)...Ervin Santana, Vincente Padilla
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Last edited by beantownbruins; 05-04-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can we please start a list of "glitch" pitchers...

Clayton Kershaw!!!! HOLY CRAP HE HIS HARD TO HIT AGAINST EVEN ON ROOKIE!!!: brickwall: brickwall: brickwall: brickwall: brickwall: brickwall
Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Rookie

rbowlden's Arena

OVR: 21

AJ Burnett! Maybe just a funky wind-up but hell he is hard to hit. Take a look at him.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

I know exactly what you are talking about and it irks me to no end. Jonathan Sanchez of the SF Giants does it. The ball teleports as he delivers it etc...

I always thought it was height-related too, maybe they changed the height and didn't update the animation.

But I don't think this is something we can fix on our own, unless we just flat out give these guys random deliveries.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I definitely agree with the Ervin Santana delivery. He has some kind of hitch in his delivery that almost appears to skip a couple of frames just before he releases a pitch.

Clayton Kershaw is tough, and the ball is a little difficult to pick up, but I don't think I would group him in with the actual glitch deliveries. I didn't have a problem with Jonathan Sanchez either.. but maybe it was just a little too subtle for me to notice.

IMO, Ervin Santana is a perfect example of this glitch. I'll keep an eye out and post some more when I see 'em.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowlden
AJ Burnett! Maybe just a funky wind-up but hell he is hard to hit. Take a look at him.
LOL, witnessed him the other day... it took me a good 5 innings to adjust. I guess he does have a little wrist "flick" IRL, but it is tough in the game, especially using certain batting views.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 05-28-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

In the midst of an interleague series with the Dodgers. Kershaw was tough to hit, I chalked it up to him being, well, Kershaw. Next game they had Kuroda on the hill, I was beating him like a drum, until he got injures. Enter Nolan Ry.... Err, Vincente Padilla. He has a weird hitch and the ball just appears from his body. Its very hard to pick up, I struck out 10 out of the 12 times I faced him.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Either Ryan Perry or Jose Valverde from Detroit (can't remember which one). The arm doesn't even appear to move forward (maybe a shotput type motion) and suddenly the ball shoots out like it came from a pitching machine. Impossible to pick up and the ball is past you before you even realize what happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »