Home

Fight Night Champion Tuner Set #2 : Impressions

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Tuner Set #2 : Impressions within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Fight Night Champion Tuner Set #2 : Impressions

Well they fixed what they said they would. And it works. No more flailing around like an epileptic because you're getting jabbed to death in the guts. You can get a punch off. I've seen some offsetting, so it isn't like they completely reversed it but it's more realistic now. I was able to nail my opponents dome every time he tried to body spam.

Had two pretty good fights with it. One in OWC and one in Fight Now. Both went about the same. Haven't seen any 1pko but both fights were middleweight action and I wasn't able to really setup the Coup de' Gras punch like I'd want to. Both opponents were your better than average fighters and wasn't leaving themselves open like idiots.

Last edited by randombrother; 04-27-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tuner Set #2 : Impressions

I already posted in the other thread. The tuner basically killed it for me. I was on the fence, hoping things would change for the better for online, but this really did me in.

They fixed the jab spam, I guess, but now everyone is spamming straights, and no matter how often they do it, they still easily rock you. They beefed up the punch power, and now your guard stands to chance to consistently block incoming spam. You get easily rocked and knocked down, and there's really nothing you can do.

I fight smart, stick and move like I always do, but in the 3 fights I played post-tuner, despite picking apart my opponents in terms of accuracy (on average 60% to 30%), they few shots they DID get through (via power spam usually) rocked me and knocked me down.

Due to the powering-down of the jab, opponents just walk straight through my jabs and spam me to death.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to be taking a break from this game now.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

tuner seems like quite an improvement...game is much better now imo
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I already posted in the other thread. The tuner basically killed it for me. I was on the fence, hoping things would change for the better for online, but this really did me in.

They fixed the jab spam, I guess, but now everyone is spamming straights, and no matter how often they do it, they still easily rock you. They beefed up the punch power, and now your guard stands to chance to consistently block incoming spam. You get easily rocked and knocked down, and there's really nothing you can do.

I fight smart, stick and move like I always do, but in the 3 fights I played post-tuner, despite picking apart my opponents in terms of accuracy (on average 60% to 30%), they few shots they DID get through (via power spam usually) rocked me and knocked me down.

Due to the powering-down of the jab, opponents just walk straight through my jabs and spam me to death.

I feel basically the same way.

I'm so bummed I don't feel like elaborating...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth

Couple of questions man..Has the accuracy been raised again with this new tuner,,One of the good things about the patch and tuner was that it decreased accuracy..Secondly has the stamina been raised as well meaning fighters dont get as tired between rounds anymore?..I havent downloaded the latest tuner and judging by these posts I might not..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm pretty happy with the tuner set overall. I really think they moved the stamina up too much. I see the need to have moved it up but they moved it up too much in my opinion.

I have not had any issues with being spammed by straights. However I've only had 6 fights.

If they slightly bump the stamina down somewhere in between what it is now and where it was at the last tuner set I'll be totally content.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

One final thought about the new tuner.

FNC has basically been 3 different games: Launch, post patch/tuner 1, and post tuner 2.

Each of these three is completely different. The stamina, 1 punch KOs, cuts, punch effectiveness, counter window, ability to move while being punched have all changed significantly.

EA can't decide how they want their game to play. This doesn't feel like tweaking the gameplay. This feels like three different games.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 44

I'm at work right now and can't try it out... I have a big fight against Rivera this weekend in the OTBA and can't wait to try it out.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »