Home

Does anyone play this game for fun anymore?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play this game for fun anymore? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Does anyone play this game for fun anymore?

Ok...let me start off by saying that yes, there are things in this game that bug me and I wish were fixed. And I understand that people have issues and we want to make it known to the dev team so they can try and iron them out and/or fix them.

Ok...now that is out of the way.....

Does anyone play this game for the fun and enjoyment anymore? I swear the game or a patch drops and the first thing people do is search for things that are "broken" or "not working properly". Look I understand its different strokes for different folks, but damn...doesn't anyone just play the game and let whatever happens...happen, such as myself?

I think in the era in which patches are now available, some seek the perfect game and will not accept enjoyment from anything less. People would rather criticize instead of enjoy...they would rather worry more about what the game does wrong, instead of enjoying what it does right.

It seems that people have these predetermined ideas as to what moves should be made, how many trades should occur, how many times it should rain, how this should happen and that. Instead of playing the game as is, and getting lost in their own virtual fantasy baseball world, where yes, maybe an Albert Pujols gets signed by the Brewers, the Cubs win the World Series(sorry Cubs' fans), and the "unrealistic" becomes your virtual reality.

I hate to say this folks, but if you're going to get all caught up in whats wrong with the game, instead of enjoying the many things that are right, well then you're missing out on one helluva baseball game.

Having said that, I'll now return you to your normal search and seizure of everything this game does wrong, the criticisms of the dev team because the game isn't perfect, and the search of how to enjoy the game even though it isn't perfect. Myself, I'll return back to my franchise, which by the way, I am enjoying.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Does anyone play this game for fun anymore?

Thank you for putting what I was thinking into words. I couldn't have put it any better. Just enjoy the game for what it is the best baseball sim that we have ever seen, and be thankful we aren't playing atari baseball.

I am also off to enjoy my franchise, and to continue my quest to bring a World Series trophy to my Cubs.

OsVets 1 - Texans
OSVets 2 - Raiders (9-7 afc west champs)
4th & 1 - 49ers

LOEG - Pittsburgh Penguins (11-8-4)
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

well said... totally agree. playing my franchise and loving every minute of it.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I swear the game or a patch drops and the first thing people do is search for things that are "broken" or "not working properly".
I guess for some people that IS the fun part of the game.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

Amazing post, sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not one to point out the game's deficiencies, the game is uber fun and the best installment yet. I just try to make up for whatever drawbacks i see.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

Right on CB.

Maybe a lot of these guys are just kids who never had to deal with the short comings of game like the original World Series baseball for the Sega Genesis (you had 25 guys, and that was it... No trades, no minors, no FA, no CAP)... But damn I loved that game. First game I really remember that had all the real stadiums.

Also, it was either that game, or the next years version.. Cubs had Howard Johnson. He had a tiny contact PCI, but a HUGE power one. I used power every AB, and hit well over 500, and a ton of HRs. After a certain point, his stats reverted back to zero (his hits were the only one I remember doing it for sure), so at some point, he went from like 200 hits in 400 Abs, back to 0 hits in over 400 ABs, and therefore his average dropped to zero as well.... It sucked, but I didn't care. So, he didn't lead the league in hitting anymore... I knew the truth.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think part of the reason people are so eagerly checking out the patch is that before the release the people were led to believe that the long standing "glitch" had been fixed, when in fact it perhaps wasn't due to a little miscommunication. With so many other ways to enjoy the game I'm not really the one who really wants that glitch fixed, but I think it's a reflection of high expectations people have for this game. It's just that good.

I did file bug reports on some minute details but that's not because I wanted to point out flaws or I felt SCEA should be damned for not getting them right. Certainly not because I don't enjoy the game unless they get fixed. It's impossible to avoid bugs, so when they are found it's not a bad manner to report them. It's an iterative process between users and engineers.

Anyways, the game is enjoyable enough for me as is, so if SCEA doesn't have resources to correct certain things, that's okay for me. It's just that when whey are willing to hear feedback or accept bug reports, it's stupid not to make use of those opportunities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »