Home

Chris Paul with another act of kindness

This is a discussion on Chris Paul with another act of kindness within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Chris Paul with another act of kindness

So far in the playoffs I've already heard two things that make me like Chris Paul more everyday.

1) when Trey Johnson (Lakers) was trying out for the Hornets in the summer, CP3 let him stay at his house.

2) Brad Rhoades, a kid from New Hamsphire, mom died in a snowmobile accident. Brad then went and scored 46 points in his basketball game to honor his mom, like chris did when he was a kid and his grandpa died at 61. CP3 then flew Brad out to New Orleans gave him a pair of his shoes and signed them, gave him a jersey, tickets to the game, and let him shoot around with him on Hornet court.

I have a so much respect for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Chris Paul with another act of kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtw324
So far in the playoffs I've already heard two things that make me like Chris Paul more everyday.

1) when Trey Johnson (Lakers) was trying out for the Hornets in the summer, CP3 let him stay at his house.

2) Brad Rhoades, a kid from New Hamsphire, mom died in a snowmobile accident. Brad then went and scored 46 points in his basketball game to honor his mom, like chris did when he was a kid and his grandpa died at 61. CP3 then flew Brad out to New Orleans gave him a pair of his shoes and signed them, gave him a jersey, tickets to the game, and let him shoot around with him on Hornet court.

I have a so much respect for him.
I was fortune enough to have met Chris before super cool. One of the nicest pro athletes ever. I don't believe celebs/athletes should be role models but if you had to pick one you can't go wrong with Chris.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Indeed Chris Paul does so much stuff like this and all kinds of stuff for the community of New Orleans whether it's his charities, events,etc. It's almost impossible to hate a guy like this imo.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Chris Paul is one of the very few true role models in the NBA. Polite, clean, and not a manwhore (or at least I don't think). Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Durant would make good role models too.

Do I look lucky? Maybe. Am I lucky? No, I'm blessed. Luck is a myth.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

^^ Totally agree ^^

Guys like that are people I would love kids to follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Anyone that kids look up to are role models whether they like it or not. It's the adults responsibility to be a good one.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Anyone that kids look up to are role models whether they like it or not. It's the adults responsibility to be a good one.
I disagree with this. It's the parents' responsibility to give their kids perspective. If you're going to look up to a Tiger Woods, point to his work ethic, ability to be clutch, etc. As an adult, your responsibility is to you and yours. EVERY adult has the potential to be a role model to someone interested in following their path (whether a career or just way of approaching life). It'd be nice if every adult worked on being a good one, but it doesn't make sense to judge the ones that don't. Be a good one yourself and teach your kids how to sort it all out (the "your" isn't directed at you, of course).
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I disagree with this. It's the parents' responsibility to give their kids perspective. If you're going to look up to a Tiger Woods, point to his work ethic, ability to be clutch, etc. As an adult, your responsibility is to you and yours. EVERY adult has the potential to be a role model to someone interested in following their path (whether a career or just way of approaching life). It'd be nice if every adult worked on being a good one, but it doesn't make sense to judge the ones that don't. Be a good one yourself and teach your kids how to sort it all out (the "your" isn't directed at you, of course).
Agreed wholeheartedly. I am a firm believer that a kid's role model should be someone close to home like a parent, grandparent, older sibling or cousin, aunt, uncle or a teacher. If a kid looks to a pro athlete (who I don't think should be the case) they should look at their work ethic and not their personality.

If the kid's role model isn't someone close to home then there's a serious problem that should be addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »