Home

Funnest Position in My Player?

This is a discussion on Funnest Position in My Player? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Funnest Position in My Player?

I'm about to start the mode and would like to get some opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 23
Re: Funnest Position in My Player?

is funnest a real word?

i suppose it depends on what your definition of fun is

i have a PG and a C

I have more fun playing w/ my C b/c I like getting blocks and playing good defense

I created my PG 1st b/c i enjoyed breaking my defender down and getting into the lane for a dunk or crazy layup.

in the end, I play my C more than my PG now

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Old 04-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Hard to decide and depends what you like to do. I think every position can be equally fun and when playing one position for a while it is a nice change of pace to play a player on a totally different position.

PG: if you want to handle the ball often, maybe a lot of driving game too, initiating plays

SG: often coming off of screens, on D you usually have to be very careful to not let your man get open

SF: similar, but more screen settings on O and more post-up game too

Bigs (only have played a PF): much play off the ball on offense, setting screens, trying to be in position for offensive rebounds.
On D you need to be aware of entry passes and at the same time be always in as good a position as possible to beat your opponents for the rebound. letting them get offensive boards is costly for your rating.

I have to say that I really liked playing a big man because playing off the ball so much is something different for a change to what you usually do when controlling your whole team.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Even though I use big men and the post game often when I play the game, playing as a big man in My Player bores me.

At SG and SF, it's fun being able to play like Reggie Miller, coming off screens, knocking down jumpers. At PF/C, a majority of it is rebounding, defending the post, setting screens. Necessary but boring. I found it more fun to play at SG/SF. Point Forward SF is the most enjoyable time I've had so far. Takes a while to develop your scoring abilities but it's really fun.

BTW, "funnest" is not in the dictionary.

Do I look lucky? Maybe. Am I lucky? No, I'm blessed. Luck is a myth.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

i've tried forwards and centers, but for me i always go back to play with my pg or sg. they are most fun for me because i like to rack up 25+ points and 10+ assists everygame. but i know a lot of people that like playing off ball offense and like big men. just try a few positions and see what u like best.

if u like being in controll of everything that happens be a pg, its what i like best cuz i like to call plays and set up my teamates and throw opps, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I prefer my SG. I feel more like part of the team for some reason.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

well to me I prefer PG because you control the game and the ball will almost always be in your hand (as long as you make the right plays and don't get TO's alot)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »