Home

PRO SIM THE MOST REALISTIC STYLE!!!!

This is a discussion on PRO SIM THE MOST REALISTIC STYLE!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PRO SIM THE MOST REALISTIC STYLE!!!!

So I have been playing this game since its release and always played on allstar simulation until the game got boring. The reason the game was getting boring was that the allstar simulation level of the game was actually taking the realistic value of the game away. No 7 footer should be able to stop my PG in a isolation situation. You should not have to strategize for players like Trevor Ariza and also still have to worry about Chris Paul.

I finally decided to suck up my pride and play the game on the default level simulation game style and sure enough the game plays as close to the realistic game as possible. Now my strategy is focused on the stars of the team, you see players switching on D, you the computer AI helping the bigs when getting caught on a switch with a faster player. You will now the computer AI actually running sets in the half court offense and try to take advantage of you on the break but the difference is now I have a chance to recover if possible. On the higher levels this is not possible it seems like teams such as the Knicks and Hawks are unstoppable on the break even when you make the necessary adjustments.

I have to come to realize the higher levels of this game are broken. Pro-Sim is the level for pure realistic value. Also use the real fg% setting for ultimate realism. I am 2-5 in my association starting out, my losses are justified and wins are nail biters. I am playing with the T-Wolves for rebuilding purposes and trust me playing with them feels like I am playing with the real T-Wolves; inconsistent offense and horrid team defense. LOL! Try these settings and you too will love this game agiain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: PRO SIM THE MOST REALISTIC STYLE!!!!

I do agree with you Pro Sim with slider adjustement to make CPU more difficult to play, and real % is the way to go. Allstar and HOF does not represent realistic NBA basketball. Superstar seems close and that is what I have been playing on because it feels more difficult and close to realistic, but I will admit the game does play better on Pro. Some people will have to get off the ego of playing on harder levels and try the game out on Pro and adjust the sliders to make the game harder vs the CPU. I can beat the CPU on every level but I know if I want to play a realistic game, then I have to play on Pro level.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Guys I would have to agree that Pro is the best way to go for realistic play. I was skeptical about it at first, but once I moved down and began playing it I immediately noticed a difference and the game became a lot more fun for me. Superstars stand out much more than average players on this level and that definitely makes playing against those guys much better. I was tired of having everyone seem to play the same, regardless of size or skill. On the higher levels it felt like everyone played too similar.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Yea I think imma suck up my pride and play on Pro difficulty, because im playing on All-Star now in my association and my record is 2-10 with the Hawks. Any tips on how the beat the computer on All-Star would be great also.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

real fg% are for people that can't shoot, mind as well watch it on tv..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 04-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
real fg% is for people that cant shoot, mind as well watch it on tv..

lol... rock
Old 04-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Going to give SIMULATION a go tonight. Can anyone tell me what the difference between SIM and DEFAULT is?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Going to give SIMULATION a go tonight. Can anyone tell me what the difference between SIM and DEFAULT is?
Sliders are skewed to "make" the game more realistic. More bumping, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »