Home

Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PureSim

I was thinking about getting OOTP or BBM (about to download the demos) and I heard about this. If anyone has a link or can inform me about it I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: PureSim

I purchased pure sim baseball. I have played Diamond Mind, APBA, and OOTP as well.

I like the simplicity of pure sim over OOTP. OOTP is great if you enjoy all the general manager and financial aspects of baseball. If you want an on the field replay of historical seasons and don't want to mess around with rule 5 drafts, then Pure Sim is up your alley.

It does not do a pitch by pitch play that Diamond Mind does, which can be good and bad. Bad because in Pure Sim you have one opportunity to steal or hit and run, but the games are quick to play out.

The mods for Pure Sim enhance the experience alot. All of the stadiums and pictures of all the players throughout history, plus all of the logos. Additionally, it has a true life transactions (it is an option), so if you play your season, you will only have access to a player that was traded or brought up from Triple A when it happens.

You really can't go wrong for $30.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I purchased pure sim baseball. I have played Diamond Mind, APBA, and OOTP as well.

I like the simplicity of pure sim over OOTP. OOTP is great if you enjoy all the general manager and financial aspects of baseball. If you want an on the field replay of historical seasons and don't want to mess around with rule 5 drafts, then Pure Sim is up your alley.

It does not do a pitch by pitch play that Diamond Mind does, which can be good and bad. Bad because in Pure Sim you have one opportunity to steal or hit and run, but the games are quick to play out.

The mods for Pure Sim enhance the experience alot. All of the stadiums and pictures of all the players throughout history, plus all of the logos. Additionally, it has a true life transactions (it is an option), so if you play your season, you will only have access to a player that was traded or brought up from Triple A when it happens.

You really can't go wrong for $30.
Thanks, do you have a link where I could get a demo or the game. It is much appreciated
Old 04-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Here is a link to the website. In the demo, you can't manage a game though, you can only sim the games.

http://www.suldogstudios.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »