Home

RTG Idea/ story mode (long read)

This is a discussion on RTG Idea/ story mode (long read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0
RTG Idea/ story mode (long read)

The reason why I think RTG is so boring is because it is just the same thing every week. Practice, evening activity, game. every week. So, what if they instead made RTG a story mode like Fight Night did with champion mode. It would preferably be a dynamic story based off of on-field play and off-field events.

This is what I am picturing:

1) You start off in highschool taking a "test". You fill in your name, DOB, ethnicity, etc. Then proceed to take the test. It would just be like a 10 question test like in the Superstar mode when you take your wonderlic before the draft. Depending on how well you do on the test determines what schools will accept you if you apply and your "awareness".

2) Then, you go into an after school practice in which you will determine your beginning base stats by how successful you are in the drills

3) You then play a season/playoff of highschool games trying to get to the championship. The farther you get in the playoff will determine your "recognition" stat*. Different schools will extend scholarship offers to you based on recognition and on-field play. They may also extend greyshirts and preferred walk-on status as well.
*recognition stat is the main determining factor in the dynamics of the story.

4) After you finish you highschool career, you pick a school. Your scholarship offers will give you the best chance of getting on the field. Your greyshirts will basically be the same as a scholarship except a tad harder to get on field *also, you will skip a season and automatically start spring practice*. Your preferred walk-ons are almost guaranteed a spot on the team but is harder to see the field. Or you can choose to walk-on a team that didn't communicate with you. In this case your membership on the team will be determined by your play in practice.

5) Afterwards, you can choose to either A. enroll early in the spring and focus on building team chemistry and playbook familiarity or B. You can wait until fall and focus on conditioning and fitness in the offseason. Enrolling early will also improve your cond. and fitn. but on a much lower scale.

6) You will go through an evaluation process in which the coaches determine your placement on the depth chart, redshirt you, or cut you. *This will happen every season

7) Once the evaluation is done, you will start the season either playing, on the bench, or playing for a JUCO. Your recognition stat will also determine whether various media outlets will interview you, get a cover of a magazine, etc.

8) you play through the season. depending on your recognition stat and on-field performance, different events will take place. You might take steroids/HGH, skip class, take money from people, get in an argument with a teammate, get benched for someone else, etc. How you handle these situations will change the story in RTG. Also, you might get injured and the coach will give you an option of either playing or resting. This decision may affect other events in the game as well.

9) After the season is over, you go through spring practice again and do what you did last season. Depending on decisions you made, different things may arise and you will have to deal with them. Also, agents may start to approach you and offer to improve your recognition and draft stock in return for signing when you go into the draft in Madden.

That was just something I came up with when I started thinking about the idea. However, no matter what it turns into, I think that RTG would be much more enjoyable if it was in a story format. If you like (or dislike) the idea or would like to add to the above outline, feel free to comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: RTG Idea/ story mode (long read)

Like it, but they would have to add a whole lot of JUCO teams too.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Like it, but they would have to add a whole lot of JUCO teams too.
Yeah, I thought about that when I posted it. Again, just an idea.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe that would happen in NCAA Football 2020, and we would finally get CC that year too....

Other than that, I like the idea, besides I know they would leave out the fighting, drugs, and stealing...although if we could get some other company to make college football games *such as blitz: the league guys* we might see some real-life situations that college athletes go through to get through college.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think I read once that there's a clause in the contract with the NCAA that prevents EA from presenting it in a negative way so the steroids/hgh thing and being offered money would be a big NOs.
OKC Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

Those are reasons why I don't think it will happen.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

It's almost like the NCAA Dosent want ppl to see what really happens in the life of a college football player... Hmmmmmm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »