Home

Biggest Legacy Accomplishments

This is a discussion on Biggest Legacy Accomplishments within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4
Biggest Legacy Accomplishments

I figured I'd start a thread so people could talk about some of their biggest accomplishments in their legacy, or just in this game in general.

1 - Winning the National Championship with Charleston in my 2nd overall year in my current legacy. The farthest I've ever made it in a legacy before was the Final 4, and normally I get unlucky and lose first round. Actually in this legacy, the year before and year after I was upset in the first round. Somehow I was able to string together some of the best wins Ive had on this game to make a run for the title as a 6 seed. I never had to face a 1 seed in the tournament, and the worst team I faced was 12 seed Villanova in the Elite 8. All the games were pretty close and involved some big shots by my star Andrew Goudelock to win, but this hands down was the biggest accomplishment for me.

2 - In my East Tennessee St legacy, I had one of my players go off for 80 points in a 3OT victory over Alabama in the semis of an inseason tournament. It was amazing. If I remember correctly, a player on Alabama hit a 3 at the buzzer of regulation from full court that would have won it, but time had run out before he got the shot off. Then it just went wild. in the 2nd OT i remember trailing by 6 late, and my player went Reggie Miller and hit a 3, stole it on the inbounds and hit a 3 with a second left to force the 3rd OT. He was dead tired but i couldnt take him out, and I was able to have 3 bench players in with full energy and ended up winning by 8 or so. It was just a wild game and i couldnt believe it while it was going on.

3 - Also at ETSU, I recruited the Mr. Basketball of Tennessee. He was a 4-star PG and he was a pretty key player in my success at ETSU. It was in my 2nd or 3rd year I got him, but to me it was a surprise because there are much bigger and better basketball programs in the state (Memphis, Tennessee, Vanderbilt). It was probably the best recruiting accomplishment because it happened at the school I started at and even though Ive gotten 5 stars, it just felt good to get the best player in the state when in such a small conference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Biggest Legacy Accomplishments

making it to the elite eight with tennessee state my second year. We actually had a better team my third year, but we got put out in the first round of the ncaa tournament. My team this year is rated an 83 overall and we lost our first two games and now we are on an 8 game winning streak.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Does the game go crazy when you win it all? Crowd? your team? Are there cut scenes that show up with your guys holding the trophy?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Does the game go crazy when you win it all? Crowd? your team? Are there cut scenes that show up with your guys holding the trophy?
It shows a news paper with the headline about you winning it all.

My greatest accomplishment was back-to-back titles with 2 different schools. In year 5 I won with Campbell then took the Houston job where I won the next season. My Campbell team was perfect for a title run. I had 3 guys who could bomb 3's, a PF with size and could step out and hit a jumper, and a center who was 7'0" with great rebounding ability. My bench had size and similar skill as my starters so there was very little drop-off. My size was too much for every team I faced.

Then I took a job at Houston where I inherited a team who went to the Finial Four the year I won it all. They lost to USC whom I beat. I had the best player I have had in the game. He was 6'11" PF with a 89 3pt rating. He was in the 90's for mid and close range as well and could play D like no other. He was my team.

I'm now in year 20 with only 1 NC since year 6. I had a perfect season with Michigan where I have been the last 7 seasons of my career. That year I had 8 seniors, 1 junior, and 1 sophomore that played. Everyone left after that season with the sophomore transferring, 5 going pro, and the other 3 seniors careers were over. I like to think they went overseas to play.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

the 1 title I won with UMASS in 20 plus seasons that I have played this game.
went to the finals 1 other time with Marquette and lost.
Ive probably made the tourney 45% of the seasons Ive played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Biggest accomplishment while playing is definitely getting to the Elite 8 as Drexel. Especially as a 6 seed where I had to tear through the 2 and 3 seeds who were both vastly superior to me. Sadly, I lost to the team that knocked off the #1 seed (who I had beaten earlier in the season).

My biggest accomplishment in the game total? Probably it was while simming through a dynasty just to learn recruiting. I managed to win the National Title at Wichita State my first year there. Total fluke win, but I'll take winning it with someone else's players (I made it to the Final Four 3 years later).
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Pulling a 16 over 1 upset as Texas Southern over Kansas the first year of my legacy.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

in year 3 i had the number 1 recruiting class with North Florida... That included the number 1 point guard who stayed all 4 years.. I left when he left. I went to IU he was drafted. That group went to 3 elite 8's and 2 final fours with 1 Championship appearance, no Championship tho Not until I got to IU atleast

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »