Home

NBA 2k7 still the best.

This is a discussion on NBA 2k7 still the best. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k7 still the best.

NBA 2K7 was a game fit for the hardcore bball fans. But Rob Jones said "Hey guys, the casuals are not happy with the game. They said that defense is too good, and they are getting their asses whooped by the more skilled players. The better players are winning games. This is not good fellas. If this continues, the casuals will not buy our next game and just get Live. We cant let that happen. So lets make the game 90% offense and 10% defense. Oh yeah, and lets add momentum factor too. This way both of them compete at the same level. OK, now lets TP Mike Wangs house."

And that is how we got what NBA 2k is now.

Basically what I'm saying is if you become a skilled enough player you can stop any kind cheesing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2k7 still the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyinkilla
NBA 2K7 was a game fit for the hardcore bball fans. But Rob Jones said "Hey guys, the casuals are not happy with the game. They said that defense is too good, and they are getting their asses whooped by the more skilled players. The better players are winning games. This is not good fellas. If this continues, the casuals will not buy our next game and just get Live. We cant let that happen. So lets make the game 90% offense and 10% defense. Oh yeah, and lets add momentum factor too. This way both of them compete at the same level. OK, now lets TP Mike Wangs house."

And that is how we got what NBA 2k is now.

Basically what I'm saying is if you become a skilled enough player you can stop any kind cheesing.
. Are you being sarcastic or do u feel 2k7 is truly better than 2k11? 2k7 had no momentum and close to zero collision detection. That equated to certain players being virtually unstoppable(kobe, Lebron, wade) and lead to nothing but hop-stepping dunk contests. It was good..for it's time.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
. Are you being sarcastic or do u feel 2k7 is truly better than 2k11? 2k7 had no momentum and close to zero collision detection. That equated to certain players being virtually unstoppable(kobe, Lebron, wade) and lead to nothing but hop-stepping dunk contests. It was good..for it's time.
I like the responsive controls and the fact its based on skill. Playing defense and the timing on the shot stick is so much fun. If you think you can score with Kobe or LeBron anytime you want on me think again.
I can make shots using the shot stick that I have yet to see anyone else do.

Last edited by HighFlyinkilla; 04-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

With a name like that I can see why you would think that. Mr. High Flying Brian Pillman
Old 04-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

NBA 2K7 requires no skills at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That game was awful. I remember the exact moment I turned it off. When Ha Seung-Jin out ran Lebron James on a fastbreak to turn what should've been a free dunk into a contested JUMPER,not even a lay up,a jumper.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

You know what I wish? I wish there were more ESPN NBA Basketball 2004 videos on YouTube. Greatest. Simulation. Everrrr.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveFlow77
NBA 2K7 requires no skills at all.
Exactly why the OP thinks its the best game, because he can be good at it with relative ease.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »