Home

Summary of franchise setup methods: knight, coreyhartsdaughter, hustlinowl

This is a discussion on Summary of franchise setup methods: knight, coreyhartsdaughter, hustlinowl within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Summary of franchise setup methods: knight, coreyhartsdaughter, hustlinowl

Since there have been so many questions asked over and over again concerning setting up a franchise using the OSFM roster on knight’s thread, I thought I’d post a separate thread summarizing the different methods, explanations and answers on how to avoid the now infamous lineup/roster screw-ups.

I’ve posted the methods described by Knight, Coreyhartsdaughter and HustlinOwl in the 4 posts below.

To the authors of these quotes: feel free to correct, simplify or add to them.

Last edited by erictred; 04-16-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Summary of franchise setuo methods: knight, coreyhartsdaughter, hustlinowl

Knight’s method/explanations:

Here is a link to the O.S.F.M with only 25 players on the 40 man rosters...this will be your first step in no lineup shuffling ....with either 1 team or 30 team control. Keep in mind....with 1 team control...there is no way to add the 15 players to the 40 yourself...and with 30 team control, you'll have to do it on DAY 1 of the regular season(or any time after before the Rule V draft)...
Thanks to HUSTLIN' OWL for these!

A. Here is how to keep the CPU from shuffling your lineups:

There are 3 ways with using 30 team control.
First...you must create a profile that gives the lineups/rotations MANUAL for any team you want lineups to be under your control.

1.- Use a roster that has only 25 players on the 40 man roster. Hustlin' Owl has created one and the link is above...With this....if you use only 1 team control......you are locked into having the CPU teams having no more than 25 men on the 40 man roster. If you use 30 team control at any time AFTER spring training is over...you can add the 15 players to the 40 man roster and the CPU will not juggle lineups/rotations. In all cases....the CPU will still sub in lineups for fatigue

2.-Using a roster with the 40 man roster full....play/sim Spring Training until the day BEFORE the final day of ST.....go through each team and manually send down 15 players(make sure none are in any lineups/rotation) for the CPU teams.....No need to take them off the 40 man roster. The lineups will remain intact when going into the season now.

3.-The obvious....wait until DAY 1 of the regular season and set the CPU team lineups/rotations....they will stay and only be changed for fatigue.....be aware...you will have to reset them due to injuries for the CPU teams...

B. Here is how to manually injure players:

-You must put INJURIES on MANUAL....and INJURY MANAGEMENT on AUTO for the CPU teams(if one team control...it is already on AUTO)
-Go to the DISABLED LIST.....Use L2/R2 to cycle through the teams(1 team or 30 team control)...use the L1/R1 button to go to the roster for injuring players....click on a player and give him an injury....
-With 30 team control...if you have injury management on AUTO...the CPU should put the player on the DL.....you can do it by going back to the DISABLED LIST screen and placing them yourself. With just 1 team control.....the CPU will put the injured player on the DL...you cannot do it yourself.

The profile assigned to the CPU teams must have injuries set to MANUAL AND...it must also be set as the DEFAULT profile.
Don't forget...with 30 team control....you must also DL the players. The CPU will call them back up(I'm pretty sure...I've done so many scenarios now...I myself am getting confused!)

….With 30 team control...
Make (create) a profile for the CPU teams that you don't want to control everything like you do for your team....On that profile make injuries MANUAL.
Give that profile to the 29 teams you don't want to micro manage(except injuries...lineups...etc if you want)
Make one for your team with all the options you want to handle.

So...
Profile1-CPU
Profile2-USER
Go to USER SETTING(this is also where you create/edit profiles)....SETTINGS FILE ASSOCIATION and make sure the teams you want the CPU to handle have profile1-CPU as their profile(you'll see the team names...use the Rstick to change profile associations for teams)
You'll notice on the USER SETTINGS screen....the top says the name of the current profile...you can use the L1/R1 to cycle through profiles....if you want to change options on any profile...bring it up there and go to GAMEPLAY options(this is where you find INJURIES...it should be on MANUAL now...for your profile as well)....MODE is where you find INJURY MANAGEMENT...If you are controlling all 30 teams...YOU must also move players TO the disabled list....the CPU will take them off and place them in a level if you have ROSTER MOVES set to AUTO for the CPU profile.
Okay...now you have profile 1 for the 29 teams....profile 2 for your team...
both have injuries to manual(not injury management
)
Go to the DISABLED LIST in the PERSONNEL section.
Hit L2/R2 to cycle teams and L1/R1 to cycle back and forth from the INJURED PLAYERS list and the ROSTER where you give/remove injuries.
Once you injure a player...if you are controlling all 30 teams...go back to the INJURED PLAYERS list and put him on the proper DL
Just so you know....you DO NOT need 30 team control to utilize MANUAL injuries...if you just choose 1 team on the first franchise screen...and in your profile have it set to MANUAL...it will do all 30.(as long as it's the DEFAULT)
One thing that's changed and is screwing guys up I think....WHATEVER IS YOUR DEFAULT PROFILE>>>>>>MUST HAVE MANUAL as the injuries setting.....EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT USING IT(it defaults to the CPU teams even with no 30 team control)

….Guys...it's pretty simple.
You must use 30 team control
You must have lineups/rotations on the teams you have picked to MANUAL.
In SPRING TRAINING....ALL TEAMS will have 40 players(the 40 man rosters) on the MLB LEVEL. ALL OF THEM.
If you go past spring training...REGARDLESS of if you are using 30 team control or not....and allow the CPU to cut the extra 15 players to get down to the active 25 man roster ....which is what you are doing when you don't pare them down yourselves....it will do so...it must in order for the franchise to progress. In doing so...in order to keep everything valid right off the bat...it will have to reset lineups and rotations to make up for sending down players that might have been in the original lineups and rotations.
THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP THIS WITHOUT 30 TEAM CONTROL.
With 30 team control....you must send down 15 players (MAKING SURE NONE ARE IN ANY OF THE LINEUPS) down to AAA. If you don't do that...see above.
If you do...the lineups will stick.
STOP playing/simming on March 29th and send down 15 players for each team. Wanna see that it works...?.....pick a team that you always see a "messed up" lineup and do it for them....then go into the regular season....viola! The same lineup. Do that for all 30 teams on March 29th.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Coreyhartsdaughter’s method / explanations:

A. Assign a profile to all the teams when you start the Franchise. Set the lineups after Spring Training, and keep lineups on manual. Check on them from time to time, and following injuries, etc...

If you want correct 40 man + DL injuries you need to do this on the day before Spring Training completes. (I just went through and competed for all 30 teams - took about hours.)

I loaded the rosters, started a franchise, simmed to the day before last day of ST and set all the 25 man MLB rosters plus DL assignments. This took about 3 hours. Then changed the lineups / rotations. This took about an hour.

To do it you need to have manual injuries set under whatever profile association you have associated to the other 29 teams (plus yours) - just make sure you change to auto (for both your personal profile and the one you have applied to the other teams!)

the 40 men are accurate, but you need to cut the MLB rosters down to 25 men before advancing to the regular season, otherwise the CPU goes nuts.

As opposed to doing it in the roster section, I just saved a franchise file (like I did last year) where everything is perfect on day 1 of the season.

B. If you don't cut the rosters down to the actual 25 gents that really started the season at MLB level from 40, the CPU will do that for you per their algorithms - it's a chain reaction really - then the lineups/rotations become a mess as well...

All told, to get everything EXACTLY as it is in real life you're looking at 3-4 hours of work.

C. Here's what I did.

1. Load the roster and begin a new franchise. Control all 30 teams and assign my profile to my team, and a second profile to the other 29 teams (I made a CUSTOM profile for this purpose). Simulate to the second from last day of Spring Training

2. Manually injury all players that started the season on the DL per the opening day spreadsheet at mlbdepthcharts.com and the first post in the previous Spring Training thread. (using actual injury lengths). Add those players to the DL. (15 or 60)

use this link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3x...NWE1YzYx&hl=en

3. Went through every team and manually sent down players that did not start the season on MLB rosters. (to 25 men, I made gut choices on what level to send them to, the CPU will ultimately manage/sort these for every team not mine.)

4. Advance to regular season.

5. Set each teams starting rotation / lineup per the spreadsheet at mlbdepthcharts

6. Set injuries to ON in both profiles.
(…..On both profiles you have to set to 'Manual' not 'On' or 'Auto'. When the season begins (if you want injuries) set to Auto for both profiles. (and don't forget to set all the lineup/roster options to manual for the other profile as well!))

7. Set options that I want to control for the CPU to manual in their profile, e.g. lineups, injuries, 40 man. Remember, this is just to get notifications. If it is something silly (like an injury at AA) you can just select auto-fix. I set things like training, scouting, etc. to Auto for them.

8. Save two versions! I personally disable Auto-Save so that I don't save over a master version.

9. Load a set of 'Default' rosters (everything at 5, except for Starter Stanima - personal preference)

10. Simulate game by game until my game is up.

11. Load my Sliders.

12. Play some Show

D. Question: have noticed moving the 15 guys to Triple-A, Double-A or Single-A works just as well as taking them off the 40-man. Also saves you a step of putting them back on. Am I wrong?

Answer CHD: That's what I did as well. The 40 man remains intact, you're just creating the correct 25 Man MLB Roster BEFORE the end of Spring Training

E. To alleviate more confusion, here is the settings I use under USER SETTINGS --> MODE OPTIONS on the profile assigned to the other 29 teams:

Lineups/Rotations: Manual
40 Man: Manual
Roster Moves: Manual
Waivers: Auto
Injury Management: Manual

Everything else for the CPU teams is Auto. Remember setting to Manual doesn't mean you have to do it, just that you'll be notified about it and can take appropriate actions.

I have everything to Manual for my Profile.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Rookie

HustlinOwls method:

A. question from cincy_285:

I'm more confused after reading this forum now than i was when i started. this is all new to me and want to make sure i have this right using 30 team 2 profile franchise.

1-downloaded hustlinowls 25 man roster (thanks knight and owl!)
2-sim all of ST and advance to regular season
3-manually DL all players knight listed at beginnning of thread
4-add back 15 players to each team (anyone have a list of the 15 to add?)
5-play first game of franchise?

am i missing anything? should rosters and rotations be accurate after this process or will i need to go through and update them all?

Thanks for a response and please be nice. I have read all 17+ pages of this forum and still confused. is the process listed above right?

Answer hustlinOwl:
  1. First would be to make sure your profile user settings and a second created CPU profile have Injuries set to manual. Set-up CPU profile to be default.
  2. Mode Options have your profile set to manual/auto on the GM duties you want/don't want to handle.
  3. Now Mode Options for CPU created profile would have to be manual for lineups/rotations, 40-man roster, roster moves, waivers, trades and free agency. IIRC that is all
  4. Now select a "new" franchise and load a saved roster
  5. Press "Square" to control all 30 teams, but having your main team your profile and the other 29 teams the CPU created profile.
  6. Next a screen with all kinds of options... fantasy draft, CPU ROSTER CONTROL, etc. Now make sure the CPU ROSTER CONTROL IS OFF
  7. Will automatically auto-save, next in calendar Wed March 30th, sim to date. Prompt will be spring has ended.
  8. Now first Day of the regular season - For all teams now adjust 40 man roster, basically add the 15 players that were removed
  9. After players added to 40 man roster next would be to DL those injured players
  10. Save once more, but create a new file. I always do this just in case any objectives are missed.
  11. Now you are ready to advance to regular season and away you go
  12. View today's games and sim all games, but your own in order for out-of-town scoreboard to work correctly. I would also suggest creating a CPU slider set with injury slider set @ 1 other wise simulated games will have a lot of injuries.
  13. Re-load your slider set and play your game
….Question:…..wait don't you add players back to the 40 man AFTER you advance to regular season? I thought having full 40 man rosters when you advance is what messes everything up

Answer Knight: It is AFTER. Otherwise the CPU makes the choices and if the players it chooses are not there at the level...it realigns the lineups/rotations.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Heroesandvillan's comments:

Important reminder for people using 40-man Rosters and Lineups/Club Levels sticking:
Once you begin Spring Training, any and all players on the 40-man roster, regardless of whether or not they are assigned to MLB, AAA, AA, or A, will be placed on the MLB Roster. Consider this a Spring Training Invitation.

If Spring Training is simmed, and the regular season is 'ADVANCED' to, the computer will automatically assign players on the 40-man roster to whatever level it sees fit based on ratings/needs. Here are the steps to ensure that the Club level stays intact (mirroring how you had them BEFORE starting up your season/franchise).

1. Sim or play spring training, but DON'T advance to the regular season.

2. AFTER all the games on your schedule, 15 players from the 40-man will need to be assigned to the appropriate organization level. Even though on your main roster, their clubs say AAA,AA, and A; since they were 'invited' to Spring Training, their 'club' status will ALWAYS say MLB during the Spring. You will need to option 15 players to the minors BEFORE spring training ends.

(Think of how the real life Yankees did that with D.Betances...or any of your favorite Minor Leaguers. They 'optioned' him/them before real Spring Training was over.)

3. Once 15 players are assigned to the AAA, AA, and A level, ADVANCE TO THE REGULAR SEASON.

Your lineups will now be intact, in the same order that they were via the MAIN MENU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Awesome summary of all the options, I appreciate it and hopefully others will too.

Question: I plan on playing a franchise using manual injuries and mimicking what happens in real life using struts in season updates/player movement rather than just playing with injuries on. Is one of the options above better than the others since I'm planning to play this way or does it really make any difference at all? Is it mainly personal preference and all options get you to the same place regardless of the option you choose? It seems like using Hustlin's 25 man roster as a starting point saves time compared to coreyharts, but are there any drawbacks from using that method?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Awesome summary of all the options, I appreciate it and hopefully others will too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311

Question: I plan on playing a franchise using manual injuries and mimicking what happens in real life using struts in season updates/player movement rather than just playing with injuries on. Is one of the options above better than the others since I'm planning to play this way or does it really make any difference at all? Is it mainly personal preference and all options get you to the same place regardless of the option you choose? It seems like using Hustlin's 25 man roster as a starting point saves time compared to coreyharts, but are there any drawbacks from using that method?

keep in mind that I haven't tried either version yet, I'm still debating myself which to use.
it's universally agreed that HustlinOwl's version is faster, however the players that have been sent down and then back up again once the season starts lose a minor-league option. also, apparently people are having issues with not receiving notifications when players come off the DL...so it's faster but it has a few drawbacks...maybe CHD and HustlinOwl can describe the issue in more detail.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Well played mate!

My method is essentially Knight's option 2 explained in further detail.

I'll keep on eye on this thread and answer questions (as opposed to the dozens of PM's I've received and still catching up on...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »