Home

All-Time Classic Roster (Franchise Best Team)

This is a discussion on All-Time Classic Roster (Franchise Best Team) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
All-Time Classic Roster (Franchise Best Team)

Hey guys,

I noticed in the forum the idea of making a roster that would include each franchises "best ever team". I like the idea so now I am coordinating the making of a roster in which that will be done. (I know I am in the middle of a full 1998 roster but I should be able to balance the two with relative ease, although my priorities initially will lie with the completion of the 98 rosters).

Alright guys. Here is the final list of what each team will be on the Major League level.

If there is more than one year next to a team the first year listed will be the MLB level team. If there are multiple years it is because there will be those extra teams on the roster as well, I will personally make the extra teams and place them in the minors or if there are any teams that somebody wants on the roster I can include them as well. I have no problem making as many teams as people desire. Hopefully this list is good for you guys!

UNCLAIMED, CLAIMED/LESS THAN HALFWAY DONE, MORE THAN HALFWAY DONE, COMPLETED

Progress on Rosters

The link below can be used to add a stance or delivery to a player on one of those teams. All you would have to do is go find the players in the game and see what SCEA gave them for their delivery and then type it on this spreadsheet for me.

I gave edit access on this spreadsheet to ANYONE, so if anybody out there can help out just type it in on the sheet!

Stances And Deliveries: All-Time Classic Roster

For now I only put down the '08 Rays and the '10 Rays (click the '10 Rays tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet to access that sheet). If somebody lets me know that they are interested in helping I will add more tabs to the spread sheet with more teams, just to make this process go a little more quickly.

I hope for this to be a community project and that people will sign up for teams (but if it doesn't work out like that I have no problem creating the teams).

If people want to start signing up for teams I will send each of you a spreadsheet of exactly what players should be made and how to make the attributes for them just to help out the process so our roster work all matches up.

Bedwardsroy19

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 07-04-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: All-Time Classic Roster (Franchise Best Team)

I'll take care of the A's.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #3

bedwardsroy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
I'll take care of the A's.
Awesome, what year do you think was the A's best? They were so good from 29-31 and then again from 88-90.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Hey guys,

I noticed in the forum the idea of making a roster that would include each franchises "best ever team". I like the idea so now I am coordinating the making of a roster in which that will be done. (I know I am in the middle of a full 1998 roster but I should be able to balance the two with relative ease, although my priorities initially will lie with the completion of the 98 rosters).

The first thing I want to do is ask you guys what teams you all think should be done for each franchise. There have been suggestions made by Sunjah_Khan (whose idea the roster initially was) so I will list them below, however if there are any other suggestions/ideas I am going to hold off the start of the creation until we get a solid set list of teams that we feel should make up this roster.

AL East
Baltimore Orioles '71/'70/'69
Boston Red Sox '46/'04
New York Yankees '27/'98
Tampa Bay Devil Rays '08
Toronto Blue Jays '93

AL Central
Chicago White Sox '17
Cleveland Indians 54'/'95/97'
Detroit Tigers '61/'34/'40/'84
Kansas City Royals '85
Minnesota Twins '24/'65/'87

AL West
California Angels '02
Oakland Athletics '31/'88
Seattle Mariners '97
Texas Rangers '96

NL East
Atlanta Braves '57/'95/'93
New York Mets '86
Philadelphia Philies '80
Florida Marlins '97/'03
Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos '80

NL Central
Chicago Cubs '29
Cincinnati Reds '75
Houston Astros '86
Milwaukee Brewers '82 (or '57 Braves)
Pittsburgh Pirates '71
St. Louis Cardinals '42/'85/'04

NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks '01
Colorado Rockies '95
Los Angeles Dodgers '78/'53
San Francisco Giants '62
San Diego Padres '84/'98

I hope for this to be a community project and that people will sign up for teams (but if it doesn't work out like that I have no problem creating the teams).

When the final teams are set and people want to start signing up for teams I will send each of you a spreadsheet of exactly what players should be made and how to make the attributes for them just to help out the process so our roster work all matches up.

If you have any suggestions for teams please list them! I hope we can have some debate over what teams should be in it!

Bedwardsroy19
Wouldn't the 07 Rockies be better than the 95 one? I also think the 05 White Sox should be taken into consideration.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

I am an old school guy, so my votes are for the:

65 Twins
68 Tigers
61 Yanks (you gotta have Mantle/Maris in the game!)
73 or 74 A's (Reggie and crew)
69 Cubs (just a favorite - Williams, Santo, Banks, Jenkins, etc.)
63 or 65 Dodgers (Koufax/Drysdale)

Good luck to all. Great project! I will be following closely.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

77 Kansas City Royals were much better than the 85 team. The World Champion A's of the 70's were better than the 88 team.

KCRoyals
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
Rookie

komikozi bob's Arena

OVR: 1

what if instead of the franchise best you do an organizations best. A mixed team througout all years. Just a thought... Either way, it works.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #8

bedwardsroy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBaconBeckham
Wouldn't the 07 Rockies be better than the 95 one? I also think the 05 White Sox should be taken into consideration.
Yeah, these are not my suggestions, these are the suggestions of somebody who brought up the idea. What I am hoping for is the community (you guys) to pick the teams you want to see in it.

Going back through the teams such as the White Sox, personally I feel as though '05 was their best team. Looking at the Rockies it would be hard to say '95 was better than '07 although the players on the '95 team seem more recognizable.

I know a lot of people will be excited about these rosters because of the old old teams, but as far as the franchise's best team, some may be more recent than you would think

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »