Home

Feels different this year

This is a discussion on Feels different this year within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 20
Feels different this year

Anyone who's followed this board over the last 3 or 4 years knows how big of a supporter of this game I am but I'm severely confused this year with hitting.

I'm not talking about analog hitting......I'm playing the same way I've played since 2008, button mashing. But something feels way different this year, does anyone else feel like this? I mean i'm getting 3, 4 hits a game and this is after turning the game to veteran when the last 3 years I've played on HOF batting level.

I'm in no way bashing the game, it's a beautiful game just like always, just wondering if it's just me and in 6 months time I've gotten terrible or is there others that have had the same experience this year. Hell, maybe they just made hitting tougher this year.....idk, help me out here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Feels different this year

actually to me the hitting feels easier. im hitting more homeruns, doubls, and triples in this years game.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
actually to me the hitting feels easier. im hitting more homeruns, doubls, and triples in this years game.
Weird man....I'm just at a loss right now. I'm striking out like crazy, hitting lazy fly balls. Just weird for me right now.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Could just be a funk.

I'd venture to say it's not. I came over from MLB 09 to MLB 11, and the hitting IS different. I attribute it to them changing how the PCI works, having it move automatically due to your player ratings instead of being able to move it yourself. Of course, I'm talking about Timing hitting here.

Also, and I think this is really big, you have to find a good camera angle. It took me a month and a half to find the one I have now, and since I've settled on this, my strikeout totals have totally plummeted back to realistic rates. No more double digit K's every game. Of course, a few slider tweaks work too. I just start from default, identify the strengths and weaknesses, and adjust accordingly. I usually adjust 2 clicks at a time... 1 never seems enough but 2 isn't too drastic. My main tweaks are +2 to HUM Contact, +1 to HUM Timing, +2 to HUM Foul Freq, and large decreases to CPU Pitcher Control, Consistency, and Strike Frequency. I also turned Pitch Speed down 2 notches.

I'm having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Oh yeah, about my camera: it originated from Catcher, but zoomed in to where the edge of the batter's box is barely visible. I also fiddled with it to where the pitcher on the mound is right in the center of the strike zone, with a little room above his head and below his feet. I'll have to post a picture or something to show you what I mean. I also play on a standard def TV, and my display output is 16:9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

yeah, the camera angle probably plays a huge role. Makes sense, the more you zoom in, the more movement the ball has on the screen and the earlier you can pick it up. I switched to catcher 7 I think.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

The hitting definately seems harder to me as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Those of you that are finding the hitting more difficult are you changing the option to the actually named "Timing" option ? Or have you left it the same as last year? Last year and previous years you could succeed by using zone and leaving the PCI in the neutral position (never touching the left stick and just "timing" your swing). This year you can't do that. It has to be specifically listed as timing to do this. Maybe a dumb question but worth a shot to check this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »