Home

LOL, wow. Greek Isles waterfall, par 3.

This is a discussion on LOL, wow. Greek Isles waterfall, par 3. within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
LOL, wow. Greek Isles waterfall, par 3.

So..it's a fantasy course. But it's my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this fantasy course and Els will be persistent on our career schedule every year in TW12?

Okay...here's what's funny.

I have been playing on Tournament, averaging 1.9 PPG, 77.8 score per round. For this 'play now' fantasy course, I dropped it down to Tour Pro because I know from experience fantasy courses can be really difficult.

But damn!!!

My putting on this course was 1.25 But my score was +25! Why?

Because this course is BRUTAL! LOL Just trying to MAKE the greens is VERY difficult, even with the caddie's help, Tour Pro difficulty. Was this course designed by the Persian King himself to confound the Spartans??

What really finished me off was the par 3, waterfall hole (I think it's 16 or 17). Just....wow. A LONG par 3 that I have to use a 3 wood to even reach it. Green is elevated and surrounded by water. I tried too many times to reach with a 5 wood and came up painfully short each try, and then I went over with my 3 wood. Exceeded shot limit, LOL.

Anyone else try this course yet? Or do I have the score to beat at +25? Haha, do your worst!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: LOL, wow. Greek Isles waterfall, par 3.

I feel your pain. Shot an 85 on my first try at Greek Isles, 38-47, on Tour Pro from the tips. Guess that gives me the course record

The hole you mention is #13. I had the same experience, starting with my 5-wood (thanks, Caddie), and then switching to my 3-wood. Finally dropped my contact point on the 3-wood to create a higher ball flight and that worked.

Then I 3-putted for a 10. Good times.

Agreed that playing this course in a tournament will be ridiculous. I only had 3 GIRs during my round, with one lonesome birdie.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago23
I feel your pain. Shot an 85 on my first try at Greek Isles, 38-47, on Tour Pro from the tips. Guess that gives me the course record

The hole you mention is #13. I had the same experience, starting with my 5-wood (thanks, Caddie), and then switching to my 3-wood. Finally dropped my contact point on the 3-wood to create a higher ball flight and that worked.

Then I 3-putted for a 10. Good times.

Agreed that playing this course in a tournament will be ridiculous. I only had 3 GIRs during my round, with one lonesome birdie.
An 85 would be amazing LOL. You got that 13 figured out much faster than me (*Virtual five!*).

I may have to have another go at that course tonight and try what you did...and play MUCH more conservative shots when I can to stay on the fairways. Congrats on your 85 ( I know that sounds really weird lol).

A lofted 3W...sounds good!

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
So..it's a fantasy course. But it's my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this fantasy course and Els will be persistent on our career schedule every year in TW12?

Okay...here's what's funny.

I have been playing on Tournament, averaging 1.9 PPG, 77.8 score per round. For this 'play now' fantasy course, I dropped it down to Tour Pro because I know from experience fantasy courses can be really difficult.

But damn!!! K

My putting on this course was 1.25 But my score was +25! Why?

Because this course is BRUTAL! LOL Just trying to MAKE the greens is VERY difficult, even with the caddie's help, Tour Pro difficulty. Was this course designed by the Persian King himself to confound the Spartans??

What really finished me off was the par 3, waterfall hole (I think it's 16 or 17). Just....wow. A LONG par 3 that I have to use a 3 wood to even reach it. Green is elevated and surrounded by water. I tried too many times to reach with a 5 wood and came up painfully short each try, and then I went over with my 3 wood. Exceeded shot limit, LOL.

Anyone else try this course yet? Or do I have the score to beat at +25? Haha, do your worst!
To score decent but realistic(yeah right) you have to accept that a one putt par is a regulation par, gir stat be damned. Finding a spot to lay up on some of the par 3s can be your best friend. Yeah the to par score can be frustrating since it certainly doesn't feel like the pros are playing the same course. I find that if I can get over the idea of par on each hole it can actually make for a very strategic round which is a nice change.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Ever since I started playing the top difficulty on TW11 last year, and Tourney on TW12 this year, my philosophy is play for par and hope for birdies. It helps keep my blood pressure down LOL

But my par-to-birdies ratio is about 3-1 so far in TW12, lol. I feel like David Sims from 'Tin Cup'! I don't 'go for it' quite as often as I did prior to Tiger 11 haha.

These fantasy courses especially have a risk-reward factored at X100.

Like I said, I'm going to play Greek Isles again this weekend and take the 'David Sims' approach really seriously on every hole and see how close to par I can get.

"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the hole you are talkin about has those white pillars on the back???? For that hole I do a trick shot. I get out the driver and nail it and then aim for the pillars and bounce it back onto the green. It will be in the sand but you can do the rest from there.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
I think the hole you are talkin about has those white pillars on the back???? For that hole I do a trick shot. I get out the driver and nail it and then aim for the pillars and bounce it back onto the green. It will be in the sand but you can do the rest from there.
Interesting play! This course does seem open to that type of thing.

That's certainly what I'll try if it gets wet again on that hole, thanks! Couldn't hurt, right?

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't even tried the new fantasy course. I can't believe they threw them into the season. I know you can skip them but come on, they are nothing but something to mess around with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »