Home

Tuner update

This is a discussion on Tuner update within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 22
Tuner update

Was ā new tuner released just lately? Online gameplay felt different yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Tuner update

its the roster update 14 and online one too they changed alot of stuff to it
i noticed passing feels like insta passing
that was last roster update : 14 btw =p
and turner 2.01 (auto-back skate on fix's a bug) 2.00 (auto-back skate off bug not fixed) are the last ones

Last edited by BlackXEyes; 04-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
Pro

I think passing and stickhandling feel way more different. I noticed alot of NHL08-esque cutting thru traffic(hardly playoff or true to NHL in regular), and more bumping on checks.

To me the game felt more newbie, you know the classic guys that play up and down hockey trying to deke their way thru everything and passing in heavy traffic for one timers. I still won , but the game went 2 steps back to NHL 08. Next time you guys add a tuner try to make the knowledgeable NHL guys do the fixes instead of players who loved NHL08 where defense meant nothing and deking like their was no tomorrow went all the way.

To me :
Passing felt too accurate, too accurate for being real.
Break aways happened WAY more, even though you have a good D core on conservative.
Dekeing makes the puck stick like glue, really lame.
Checking felt so weak, even though I lined up with players that are in the 85 range , big guys with great CHK values and D values.

Maybe it was just a odd day online. But when I can deke around with CHKrs like that , and when the passing was so insanely accurate, and the puck-stuck-on-glue dekes, along with lame chks you start to wonder. Itīs funny how the game turns so anti-playoffs when the playoffs starts.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

=p hehehehe *gives you a cookie*
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

this game lacks a soul and that's the main problem. Real Hockey starts in April and this game fails to reflect that. If it wasn't for TKNGM's sliders I would have pitched this game months ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

This new tuner set is a giant step backwards. We're back to tons of stick handling and ridiculous deking. Playing this game online is starting to get difficult to tolerate. The CPU AI seems to be getting worse. Maybe I have just played this game too much and its starting to get to me. I don't understand why my CPU Center will stop at the blueline on 3 v 2.

Another thing I don't understand is when I throw a rocket pass across the crease hoping for a tip in, or just create some sort of chance, that the opposing defender can "catch" the puck and being going 100 mph the other direction seemlessly. Seems the same pass "catching" rules that apply to offensive players do not apply to defenders. It creates an unrealistic feel.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by football0021
This new tuner set is a giant step backwards. We're back to tons of stick handling and ridiculous deking. Playing this game online is starting to get difficult to tolerate. The CPU AI seems to be getting worse. Maybe I have just played this game too much and its starting to get to me. I don't understand why my CPU Center will stop at the blueline on 3 v 2.

Another thing I don't understand is when I throw a rocket pass across the crease hoping for a tip in, or just create some sort of chance, that the opposing defender can "catch" the puck and being going 100 mph the other direction seemlessly. Seems the same pass "catching" rules that apply to offensive players do not apply to defenders. It creates an unrealistic feel.
Agree with you.
In general it pretty much goes that the more you deke the less hockey you know, like setting up plays cover lanes etc.
Dekes are fine, but going easily thru traffic is lame. Anyhow good game still, but it would be more hockey if dekeboys got nerfed.
The lamer setup right now is : Collaspe on D, then breakaway as much as you can and deke like a lame douche, and keep the puck on the backhand to avoid chks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »