Home

individual pitch progression

This is a discussion on individual pitch progression within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
individual pitch progression

ive seen the same as last year in that pitchers velocity and break dont progress. has any one seen indiviual pitches get any better? is what you draft what you get or will a slider break a little more after a few years? will an 18 year old out og high school get any more command on his curve?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: individual pitch progression

I'm wondering this as well...
Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Its been like that forever unfortunately.
I have no clue what pitching coaches do either and I've been playing the show forever.
they don't progress velocity and break Lille their description claims.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I want to just edit to improve them a bit, but then it would make them "super" players...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

I believe the pitches do progress, but it takes a couple of years.It won't happen in 1 year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

The pitches progress at a slower rate but for longer than other attributes: you only get a +2 each year but only until age 30 also I think bullpen session speeds it up a little
Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

ok i just did an experiment to test this theory and perhaps i went about it wrong but this is what i did and found. third year of my franchise i took four pitchers, 2 rp and 2 cp. saving the game before i went into editing players because for some reason if u move a starter to become a relief or god forbid a setup relief pitcher to be a closer they dont progress and you have wreck there career when you were simple trying to put them in a better place for there abilities.(i may be misinformed but ran some trials) i digress. i checked and wrote down the numbers for all pitchers and this was in september of my season, this may be where i made a mistake if their is one. in the offseason i went back into edit player and check to see if anything happened. there was no change in any pitches either contol vel. or break. the RP were a 24 yo with a pot. and a 29 yo with b pot. the cp were a 38 yo with A pot. and a 26 yo with B. the ages are what they were during offseason what will i do when cordero retires and his slider leaves my bulpen!

Last edited by merslinger; 04-13-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Only two things change on individual pitches now(been like that for three years I think)....the individual pitch clutch and the individual pitch control. Speed and break are constant.
After the retirement page at end of season....you can check the player progression pages...You will see the /9 for pitchers and the clutch/control/vel/break....look for a pitcher with a + and you'll see his improvement there.
Not what you are talking or looking for(the speed/break improvements)...they locked those.(I'm on the fence...I would like them to change on one hand and glad they don't on another)

Just FYI.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »