Home

SvR 2011 vs LOWM vs WWE All Stars

This is a discussion on SvR 2011 vs LOWM vs WWE All Stars within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
SvR 2011 vs LOWM vs WWE All Stars

Hey Guys

I am sure you guys realize, I am never in the wrestling forum. I am not a wrestling fan, never found interest in it. I remember all the big days back in the day from my childhood such as Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk, Undertaker, Rick Flair, etc, etc

I am looking for a good wrestling game, I am really interested in one. I can thank WWE All Stars for bringing me to wrestling video games. I have never played all those old wrestling games that you guys were talking about like No Mercy. But I really think wrestling lends itself well to video games.

I am looking for something I can play both online and offline but offline way more so. Online it would be very selective when people are over at the house and we looking to throw down on something new.

So over the last few days I have been looking at these three titles. I would like to hear you guys opinions on which would be the best for me.

WWE All Stars - I LOVED the demo to death and found it to be pretty amazing for a arcade based game. But my fear with it, it seems much more like a online type of game with shallow offline legs.

LOWM - I have not read to much on it, watch a couple videos on it so far. The move set seems small and the animations seem really stiff. How is the offline legs and is the AI enough of a challenge to actually make the game fun???

SvR 2011 - I was WOWED last night watching videos for this. The presentation of this looks incredible and the move set looks pretty large. The story lines (aka Universe mode) looks to be perfect for a offline player like myself. But I am concerned with how is the gameplay and is the AI challenging???

Please help me make the best choice for my wants guys. Much appreciated everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: SvR 2011 vs LOWM vs WWE All Stars

All Stars is far and away the best game. The engine for SvR is stale and not fun. I rarely have good matches. The Universe mode is completely broken. LOWM was really boring to me. The quicktime events were awful. All Stars is ridiculously fun and the gameplay is very fluid.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
WWE All Stars - I LOVED the demo to death and found it to be pretty amazing for a arcade based game. But my fear with it, it seems much more like a online type of game with shallow offline legs.

LOWM - I have not read to much on it, watch a couple videos on it so far. The move set seems small and the animations seem really stiff. How is the offline legs and is the AI enough of a challenge to actually make the game fun???

SvR 2011 - I was WOWED last night watching videos for this. The presentation of this looks incredible and the move set looks pretty large. The story lines (aka Universe mode) looks to be perfect for a offline player like myself. But I am concerned with how is the gameplay and is the AI challenging???

Please help me make the best choice for my wants guys. Much appreciated everyone.
All-Stars is quite shallow indeed. The best mode is Fantasy Warfare however with you not being a fan I don't think you'd enjoy it as much. The only thing to play for is unlocking outfits/CAW moves and that'd be tedious and repetitive,it's easier to just put in the code every time. I personally found the gameplay to be rather sub-par coming up short as both a wrestling and fighting game. The offline is...well as I've said in the other topics about this one it's insulting they asked $60 for this game. There's no real goals or significant rewards. The FW videos are fantastic but again,you probably won't care. You like the Ultimate Warrior but I would guess you have no idea about Sheamus so it wouldn't mean much.

LOWM,yes the move list is small but it's even smaller in All-Stars. Because you can import SvR 09 it has the best overall roster however it'd be pretty out of date and again wouldn't matter to someone that's not a fan to have newer guys in there. There was a demo for this. The gameplay style is in between and it certianly plays better than All-Stars. However the single player is also very lacking here as well. There's the Relive,Rewrite,Redefine mode and that's about it. You'd probably enjoy that more than the FW mode in All-Stars. Relive is to play it out as it was,Rewrite is to win as the other guy and Redfine you can play as either and it'll be a different match type. You only do one of those things for each match so it doesn't last very long. For example you Relive the Ultimate Warrior/Hulk Hogan match from WM 6 but you don't get anything for changing the outcome by playing as Hogan and winning or changing it to a cage match. There's the Legend Killer mode where you create a wrestler and go through the legends but there was some big complaint about that mode I don't remember. I think it had to do with CAW points. I didn't even bother with it because of whatever it was.

SvR 11,the gameplay is terribly familar,isn't a sim of any sort though it's more sim than the other 2 games and fails to capture any of the art or spectacle. It does have the biggest movelist but it's not satisfactory especially since there's over 1000 moves on the disc they locked out and many moves removed from years past. The move sets themselves are a complete mess and requrie heavy editing to make correct. That's from a fan perspective and someone that's played every SvR game. I don't think you'd care or even notice a lot of complaints fans have. Of course here the legends roster is quite limited. You can go online and download created versions of the legends but it's not really the same and you need XBL Gold to do so if you're getting it on the 360 which is ridiculous. For example here is the most popular Hulk Hogan: http://caws.ws/svr2011/show.php?cat=1&id=89 Even then some of them don't have their moves set and you'd have to do all that yourself or download a seperate moveset. The story modes should last you as much as a normal game these days and there's options to make your own. Said story paths are all using today's wrestlers. There's one with Undertaker who's still around but you're going against him instead of playing as him. Plus the ever changing WWE universe mode. Universe turned out to be quite a disapointment with rankings being out of whack and not nearly as many (or as effecitive) scenes as there were thought to be. I guess it might be nice if you're only playing as one person. There were also quite a few problems involving title matches.

So basically I don't think there's anything for you in All-Stars,LOWM won't last much longer than All-Stars and you have to do work to get SvR to where you'd want it.

Last edited by goh; 04-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Damn Goh! Are they all really that bad?

I know All Stars is shallow because of the intended design of it being more for online.

LOW looked kinda of rough around the edges

SvR looked like the most "professional" looking between LOW and SvR. Like I have said, I have never played any wresting games, I have not touched a SvR game so I don't know a single thing about the gameplay for it to be "terribly familiar". I don't even know anything about the "rankings" so I don't think that would effect me about the Universe mode.

I am now completely lost ......LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

What would be the best Next-Gen (aka Current Gen) Wrestling game??? I am just looking for a fun to play, good offline, solid gameplay wrestler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yes the rankings would effect you. It wasn't a real life issue. It's an in game thing where people were having a lot of trouble getting their created wrestlers onto the in game rankings and you need to move up them to get title shots. They really screwed that up too having it so titles could only be defended at PPVs unless you were using one of the old titles,like the WCW one.

I'm not sure if you'd find them that bad but as a fan,yes I find them that bad. The lack of change in SvR isn't going to bother you but what about the roster?

As sad as it is I've found Rumble Roses XX to be the best wrestling game of this gen but I really doubt that'd be your thing and even then it's not great. There's no story or anything there and no real special matches so I don't think that'd last you very long either.

SvR 11,as much as there is wrong with it,is the best SvR game this gen but that's only about worth a 7/10 at most. It should be down in price a lot by now anyway.

The TNA game was just terrible and the Lucha game isn't much different from the TNA game,slight improvement but overall still very poor. LoWM is good for what it is but has no offline legs. Even though it seems I'm the only one that didn't like All-Stars that has even less offline than LoWM did,also as someone that hasn't played a wrestling game there's a good chance you'll be confused with a lot of All-Stars,even I was though I figured it out eventually.

I'd say forego the flashyness of this gen and just get Fire Pro R on PS2 but you'd have to do a little bit of work to get that where you want it too (download the saves) and have to get past the graphics. Again not much offline to work towards however the gameplay carries it alone and probably has double,maybe even triple the moves of the current games,you can have title matches any time,any way you want so there's that at least.

Here's a few videos (sound was disabled on one):

Last edited by goh; 04-13-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm a little in the same boat. Was a fan 10 years or so and nothing from this next gen interest me. Saw some of the latest Smackdown games and they are just too boring and the rosters are ugh given I'm more an old school wrestling fan.

All Stars is fun but I like a more sim experience. Best fun I have now and to this day is still with No Mercy on the 64 and Smackdown Here Comes The Pain on the PS2.

HCTP has the best roster for me personally and I like how I can edit the season mode to include wrestlers I want in it (including CAWs). I actually picked up an Action Replay recently and found all these codes for it and have set it up nicely. Edited move sets and attributes that can't be edited normally and with attributes, the Action Replay allows for a great scale (10 max in game but 100 max rating in Action Replay) so I can get some really good lengthy matches when the Wrestlers durability is set right and I get some good variation using a slightly bigger than 10 scale.

I know that doesn't help for next gen but I just can't play any of the new release games so I stick to the older classics.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

I downloaded the demo of Smackdown vs Raw 2007 last night, I really liked it!!! Stamina system, reversal system similar to Allstars but slightly tougher since it has reversals for both grabs and strikes, Interactions with environments, having to get your meter all the way filled to hit a finisher was nice too.

What is better SvR 2007 or SvR 2011?? Also what are the biggest differences between the two.

I guess since I have not played any of the SvR games I find it to be very fun and different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »