Home

Please for the love of God help with Analog batting!

This is a discussion on Please for the love of God help with Analog batting! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please for the love of God help with Analog batting!

This is my first year with the show 11 and I love it. Because I didn't have any old habits I started with Analog hitting and pitching. I have found that I enjoy just hitting and pitching. I don't control the fielders or baserunners unless I want to steal. I have to come close to maxing out my hitting sliders to compete but I'm good with that.

I have a question to ask the experts and I'm dying to know the answer.

When analog hitting I know that you can guess pitch but for me I don't like guessing the pitch I would rather take my chances and learn to read pitches.
My big question is the in regards to the swing. Please tell me how I'm suppose to swing when going forward with the right analog? If a pitch is heading inside am I suppose to push the right stick to the inside? Or, if a pitch is heading outside do I push the right stick to the outside? When I use L3 to get the details of my swing after the fact it always seems to read that I'm swinging to the right outside the plate a little. I believe that is because I'm pushing the stick slightly right on accident. So my question is am I suppose to aim the stick according to the direction in the strike zone? If so, how do you swing high or low? this is so confusing guys please help your boy out..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Please for the love of God help with Analog batting!

There is no high or low aiming. You can push the stick up to the left and right to indicate inside, outside.... but whether or not your player swings at the right height or level is based on your timing and his ratings.
Jacksonville Jaguars
University of Michigan
Detroit Redwings
Detroit Pistons
Atlanta Braves
Old 04-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Your thoughts are correct. You don't need to worry about high or low the PCI and batter ratings will react accordingly. In order to make the best possible contact you need to move your analog on your follow through accordingly. To the outside or inside as necessary. Keep in mind you really only need to do this to hit pitches on the black. which I tend to avoid anyway. If you suspect a pitch on the inner half simply swinging earlier to get the bat head around will and can tield great contact. If its on the black though you will need to follow through to the inside. And vice versa for pitches on the outer half.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Rookie

If your contact slider is high enough following through in the applicable direction wont even really apply.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks so much for the quick answers. Man, analog hitting is tough but I like the feel of it better than pushing a button for some reason.

So, keeping the follow through straight is important I would assume if the ball is down the middle? Also, there have been times where I went to swing and my batter bunts and strikes out. I'm assuming this might have something to do with me swinging way too late or something?

As for pitching am I better off trying to throw strikes? It seems that my pitcher gets himself into higher counts than I would like.. I moved the foul slider higher for the CPU hoping that would help? Maybe I should change some of my pitcher sliders to get his pitch count lower? I'm not bad a pitching and understand the controls so it's not that I'm a terrible pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Rookie

My advice would not to be messing with the sliders. Default produces pretty respectable results. If your pitch counts are too high its most likely due to your strategy. Your nibbling too much around the corners. I would suggest you follow the catcher suggestions for now until you get a feel for the strategy and frustration that can be pitching lol. The catchers call a decent game. And every once in a while you will disagree with your call and throw your own pitch.

Ya sometime you bunt cause you didnt finish the full motion before contact was established with the ball. So yes you swung late but not late enough to miss it entirely. I do this often when I try to check a swing but the ball hits the bat anyway.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

There are lots of threads on analog batting, check out one of those. Thank you
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »