Home

How do you draw a foul?

This is a discussion on How do you draw a foul? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you draw a foul?

How do you draw a foul when you get someone up in the air after a pump fake?

Everytime I pump fake and my opponent jumps in the air I press the left stick towards him and shoot, but my guy just does the contested jumpshot animation instead of jumping into him to draw the foul. I even tried using just the right stick and pressing into the defender's direction but still no contact, just that stupid contested shot animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you draw a foul?

As far as I know it isn't possible to draw a foul from someone who's jumped in the air from your pump fake. When they fall for the pump fake your player will shoot as if he were not there, as if he were open. I don't know about this contested animation after your man falls for the pump fake, for me that never happens. What difficulty are you playing on?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 23

i can only get it to work for my bigs, it never works for any of my guards.

when my bigs pump fakes, they'll get in there air and i usually layup/dunk through contact

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

ndlive's Arena

OVR: 3

Really? Personally I think it's way too easy to draw fouls with pump fakes it's almost like an exploit

Here's a quick clip I just made - 3 consecutive fouls. Playing on all-star with slightly changed purist's sliders.

Maybe you can try: picking up your dribble, move and hold your LS towards the defender, tap the shoot button to pump fake, when the defender jumps, press the shoot button again (LS is towards the defender the entire time).

Last edited by ndlive; 04-08-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

don't learn it,i regret figuring it out because no joke to prove a point in a myplayer career game i went 91-91 free throws drawing the foul off the pump fake. It's stupid & i don't use it online very much & use it a couple times a game if wanna get my team out of a funk in association or mp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlive
Really? Personally I think it's way too easy to draw fouls with pump fakes it's almost like an exploit

Here's a quick clip I just made - 3 consecutive fouls. Playing on all-star with slightly changed purist's sliders.

Maybe you can try: picking up your dribble, move and hold your LS towards the defender, tap the shoot button to pump fake, when the defender jumps, press the shoot button again (LS is towards the defender the entire time).
You definitely seem to have that down pat. I haven't gotten into that fake very much this year. I thought it seemed a little bit tougher to pull off than in year's passed (likely by design) but to you it appears just as easy. I am intrigued. It'd be nice to be able to pull off for specific situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »